0Noob with questions

Hello fellow growers!
I’m new here, new to growing, and well versed in consuming:)

I am an absolute fanatic about the cannabis plant. I love everything about it except the cost :slight_smile: I love it so much that I wish there were car fresher scents with various cannabis strains!!

Now for a helping hand, I started my first grow with a 4x4 tent and a cheap 2000w blurple light. Starting with clones about 2 weeks ago I brought them home and placed them in their forever 7 gallon fabric pots. They started out well, especially the sativa. My indica plants are most unhappy currently. I believe I’m dealing with a over watering issue, coupled with an underwatering reaction.
Now I’m seeing brown spots turn up one of my sativa plants & it’s got me all freaked that I may loose them all.
As of yesterday I quit watering all together and was told to allow my pots to dry up first.
I really could use some sound advice from experienced folks.
Let me know if I need to take my concerns to another forum topic?
Just a noob here and don’t know my way around yet.
TIA,
J

1p

3 Likes

Welcome to this wonderful place.
Glad to have you share your grow with us.
If you are over watering; and have fixed that issue, then you will see them get back to normal within the week.
Patience is the hardest lesson for us to learn when growing. Keep that in mind as you continue.
Keep up your great work, and keep us informed.

2 Likes

I love everything about it except the cost :slight_smile: I love it so much… that I am at Growers Network to learn about grow my own topshelf bud and save big dollars while smoking my own homegrown!

@nvr2hiluv2fly Welcome to GN and thanks for sharing your grow. I can see your pots are quite dry from the outside rim in. What medium are you using, coco and perlite? You might have a problem from overwatering and may have led to a deficiency / nutrient lockout . A couple things to do:

1. How big is your plant in the picture, what are you feeding them?

2. Are you able to test the pH of your water, what you using for water?

3. Test the soil from the outside, is it dry, moist, damp, wet? Put your index finger to the knuckle and check.

1 Like

@Jimhigh66 thanks bro. Patience is not my fortè, but I’m learning all about it real quick, lol.

@chrisj thank you as well. I have a triad of Fox Farms soils mixed together. I think my overwatering has caused nutrient lockout :(. I’m so bummed as I saw some great growth happening and then the girls stopped.
-My plant in the pic is about 10-11 inches. I’ve been giving minimal feedings. I am using the Grow Big by Fox Farms, I have it diluted to 300ppm and have only given all the girls maybe 8oz of nutrients.
-My water is bottled for now, and the ph is close to 7.

• sticking my finger in to the knuckle near the planter edge it comes up dry with only a hint of soil sticking. If I place my moisture meter in as far as it will drop I get a WET+ reading. (This is the part that I’m very concerned with) and I’m not sure the quickest but safe way to dry the bottoms out. I did use my moisture meter this morning to reem a hole down to the bottom to increase circulation. Also, my 7 gal square planters do not have any holes on the bottom.
    TIA for any input. Much appreciated,
    J
1 Like

Thanks @Jimhigh66,
I have had great results in drying the soil, then I developed a nutrient issue. Now I think I have that one under control. Got all the girls perky again, now just need to veg longer.

2 Likes