100% Pure Landrace Thai Sativa Outdoor Grow

Journal number one nvv

5 Likes

Hi @browny

Welcome to GN and thank you for sharing your grow with us. I remember when I grew a Thai from the Ko Chang islands, it stayed in vegetative state throughout the year, and only flowered the following winter. With regards to your light hours, as you are in southern hemisphere, your light hours should be decreasing, getting less than 8 hours during April through to August. Your flowers are looking good, happy harvest.

3 Likes

I am sure they will.

Welcome to the growers network. Your ladies look lovely. I bet your going to be very happy with your results. Looks great so far.

1 Like

Thanks slym3r, I appreciate it. I’m looking forward to the smoko when it’s done for sure. One of the only real effective ways of keeping my pain levels etc in check.

Anyway, I’m finding that there’s quite a few things stacked up against us growing outdoors, I’ve managed to get through a couple obstacles due to the plant being very tough. Hopefully if I run into any dramas I’ll have a place to ask now.

1 Like

I have all the bug info you need. How to safely remove them and still smoke. There are other outsiders here too. They will help immensely. Prob will be on more in the springish time. Some are on now just watching us.

3 Likes

:eyes::eyes::eyes:
:+1::v:

3 Likes

I had one plant outside last summer/fall…had whiteflies all over it. Literally when you shook it it looked like flying snow…for whatever reason they didn’t hurt the plant health wise. When I chopped her and hung her I did it outside under my deck, they weather had cooled down some, not cold by any means but cool at night. The next morning I went out and shook her…nothing all the whiteflies were gone. I think when the plant gets cut and starts the dying process, the bugs that can immediately abandon it.

@browny Those look fantastic, compost is wonderful stuff, if properly made you don’t need to add anything, I grow my food garden 100% organic with compost. I have some VERY fond memories of Thai Sticks from back in the 60’s and 70’s. Bud wrapped around a piece of bamboo. Haven’t seen any around for decades.

4 Likes

Unscented castile soap I use Dr Bronners
Use this all the time won’t hurt plant any like some use Dawn dish soap to many chemicals
:v:t2:
Don’t shake stir, and do at the coolest period like dark out

3 Likes

No neem oil I’m afraid, are there any alternatives?

2 Likes

Capt jacks. No Lowe’s in Australia? :roll_eyes:
Something with spinocide and these things you can’t spray on buds. Have any like place can’t get peppermint oil? Or marigold flowers?
Had a thought u could try if you had those there u could pick up someplace :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Not in Aus and a couple hours from any form of a shop which won’t have neem oil either unfortunately, just really strong chemical pesticide.

2 Likes

Man oh man…

1 Like

By chance you grow lemon grass there?

2 Likes

Is what it is Mr, no need to be blue :wink:

I guess until issues reach the buds I’ll just continue to see how it pans out but I feel the biggest one can’t be far off anyway…

2 Likes

Can usually get lemon grass from different villages but these are not usual times

2 Likes

Hm ok I was gonna say get some lemon grass chop it up or grind it up soak in water for a few days stick in a sprayer and spray your weed with it
I’m over reaching here bruh lol but lemon grass has citronella in it

1 Like

Is a try citronella keeps bugs and mosquitoes away

1 Like

Deal on the right that’s lemon grass?

2 Likes

I have mosquito coils and incense mosquito sticks?

2 Likes

Shit I had a bush of lemon grass I couldn’t even cut it down ha finally did took forever

1 Like