11 day old white widow seedling leaves turning yellow

Right! Well those yellowed leaves are first leaves. Overall yellowing could be a deficiency. But Im not sure what this is. @happilyretired
HM any ideas??

2 Likes

he said he thinks his soil might be too hot. i thought water was the problem but what the heck i am not done killing plants yet

2 Likes

I have no idea. I could speculate but it might make things worse. We need someone to swing by that’s had this problem themselves before.

1 Like

Hmmm @coffeeboy I have seen nute burn and I dont think this is that. At least, the nute burn Ive had shows on the leaf tips of all the leaves. Your top leaves are nice and green.
Preybird pointed out the cupped leaves which i didnt see until I scrolled up further. .
Watering can be a weird thing to learn. I think intuitively we want to overwater. But roots need oxygen as well as water. U cant drown the little guy. But likewise u cant dry them out terribly either.
Lets see what other growers say. I eant to help u but i just dont know.

2 Likes

That seems like a pretty hot soil and you have leaf tip burn to prove it.

BioBizz all mix - This heavily pre-fertilized substrate mixture emulates a rich outdoor soil with a full micro active ecosystem. It’s been designed to have enough nutrient-fuelled power to sustain lush growth for a couple of weeks, without any need to add any extra fertilizer.

You could ride it out at this point and the plant will most likely get over it as the nutes in the soil gets depleted over the next couple/few weeks Or you could do something more drastic which would provide a quicker fix like gently wash the soil off the roots and repot in a less hot potting soil.

5 Likes

If the brand new growth isn’t coming in ridiculously tiny and yellow then it’s not a lost cause. I’ve burnt plenty of seedlings when I knew how to compost. (Lol) Very cool of Hellraiser to do a soil look up for you. I think that right there is a tell all, much like ocean it’s a tad heavy. Stay off the heavy water and play it out is my call. Good luck :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes