2020 Ladi's outdoor living soil

Well we are getting there…

8 Likes

Okay then, here’s the questions I had for you, if you don’t mind :
How deep is the soil in your planters?
Do you go deeper than the planks we see here with your living soil?
And, finally, do you have to loosen the soil underneath the planters?

7 Likes

The bottoms are from old gardens that were there for 30 years… I grew up in this house and bought it from my parents… that is the depth of my living soil and it is enough… I only need to amend the top 4" each season… I bought 8lbs of BRIX amendment from Black Swallow Living soils… they are located in Canada and ship Canada Post… check them out they are great guys… and yes I softened and loosened the soil underneath… but in truth I know I didn’t have to as the ones I built last year were on compacted soil and my plants thrived in the living soil with only 1" more soil in the raised bed… I could not find that size boards anywhere due to all the people building raised beds in my area… so I went a little smaller on my board knowing that I should be fine from what I grew i the ground last year and 3 seasons ago when I SCROG’d an in ground plant in 8" of black earth with salt based nutrients…

6 Likes

I just need 3-4 weeks for the roots to dive… and trust me the roots will dive through mud no matter how compact it is from sitting… and next season it will be even better deeper… and since I am not using salt based nutes I never have to change the soil just amend it…and if I get too much eventually I can always find a place for it…lol…

6 Likes

There is also a layer of card board in there for when my worms arrive…and the worms help break up the dirt under the living soil…

7 Likes

looking good if they all get enough full sun shine @ time of picture only 1 is getting some sun. good work on the bed frames care to share soil recipe you put in the beds

7 Likes

For some reason I thought you planted earlier in the year

6 Likes

We can’t here until at least May 24th… I start hardening my plants off now though moving them in and out…and those pictures were taken at 9am…and that is where I have grown the last 5 years so I have no concerns about sunshine…I used a quad mix (top soil, moss, compost and horticultural sand) .5yd3 and 75 gallon of the soil I had mixed last year 1lb red wrigglers per bed and will be amended with BRIX amendment next week before plants go in…

this is purple after a frost…lol…
https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/standard17/uploads/bergmanslab/original/3X/c/d/cd826cd3af746ea51af279d73fcc951b4fba5a63.jpeg

https://aws1.discourse-cdn.com/standard17/uploads/bergmanslab/original/3X/7/b/7bd1d134d600eec81364998f1105e8c1b6e8b0f5.jpeg

8 Likes

and @treedawg the position of that second garden is where my Skywalker OG grew taller than the eaves…lol…

6 Likes

Willy’s Wonder clone 8-10" tall have 24 of them…lol…

8 Likes

and when I sell you a clone you get a .5g sample of the dried bud…lol…from said mother…lol…

5 Likes

The outdoors until harvest…raised bed by Monday…

7 Likes

Well it’s official… the season has begun…

Left to right ILGM Gold Leaf, MK3 black diesel, Hudson kush

Left to right MK3 Blue Berry x Ghost OG Pacific Seeds Purple space cookie and a Hermit Cookie

10 Likes

I really like the beds you’ve built @Ladithief! All the prep you’ve done is going to get you some amazing trees and buds. Your plants are already kicking ass!!! :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Thank you… I started with plastic pots and salt based then moved to cloth pots and salt based… then moved to clothed pots and 50% living soil then 100% living soil and clothed pots… now 100% living soil/organic and raised beds…lol… and yes it should be an awesome year…

8 Likes

That is my 5 year evolution…lol…

7 Likes

Canna minds are great minds brother :wink:… Love your style but I didn’t get it right the first time switching from indoor to outdoor :pensive:… Persistence tho but I may need your help

5 Likes

I am here…lol…I have never got it right… but I also have never got it wrong…I evolve every season…

5 Likes

The plant is a weed…it just has so much value (medically as it’s only worth $800/lb from 2400) compared to a tomato plant ($6 of tomatoes) at most…so a 20% improvement is $160 for weed and $1.20 for tomatoes…

4 Likes

Black Diesel

Willy’s Wonder

Hudson Haze

ILGM Gold Leaf

A very special gift from a local breeder… Hermit Cookies… this shit is insane…

Blue Berry x Ghost OG… Thank you mk3pharms

Purple Space Cookies

10 Likes