4 Greenhouses looking for Coco

Hello,

We are a hemp farm in Waldo, FL and we are looking to source roughly 1500 cubic ft of coco coir. We have checked some local places but figured I would reach out to you guys and see if anyone could connect us with a distributor!

Thanks,
Kyle

4 Likes

Hi Kyle,

How are you? We’re Plan “B” Organics® Premium Organic Fertilizers and Soil Amendments. We also have Coco available as: Loose Coco in 2 cu. Ft. Bags/55 per pallet or 2yd totes. If you’re interested, please visit:

(http://www.planborganics.com/ 4)

Or if you would like to know about the price/ Products, Please contact us directly at:

info@planborganics.store

Good luck and Thank you!

3 Likes

Most coir substrate is from India and Vietnam, so I’d check Alibaba, they sell it by the metric ton. Make sure you do your research, low ec washed fiber specifically for planting.
As to brands, House & Garden is a high quality substrate. I believe their source uses a partially fermented fiber?, it holds water better, so for hot conditions it seems to be easier to manage.
Some brands are more hydroscopic, they drain and dry much faster. So in cold or indoor conditions where fast drain is needed to control over watering.
It varies widely, India fiber tends to be more coarse vs. southeast Asia, you need to figure out what works for your setup, then locate the supplier that fits.

3 Likes