Absolutely stunning Fall day

Beautiful fall day, here is the back of my house with my summer “jungle” the Canna’s and Banana trees make it nice and priviate in the back yard.

6 Likes

You lost your account again? Those canna’s and banana’s are thriving. Looks lovely and love the bike. Hey @PreyBird1, a different type of biker.

3 Likes

Yes, and they both quit last evening at 5 Chris. It’s hit or miss if I can log on or not. @chrisj

Marty

3 Likes

Here I was expecting a shot of fall color!

1 Like

Green IS my fall color, wish it was year around…got 4 months of crap coming lol.

3 Likes

I’m glad it’s finally cooling back down. 70’s was nice, it’s just not Nov weather. I couldn’t imagine winter in a warm climate. I can’t listen to Xmas music in shorts. Yes blasphemy! :rofl:

Do the banana trees overwinter outside? I wouldn’t think they could stand the cold

2 Likes

Yes this is the second year for them in that spot. I started with little 6" spikes last year. I pile leaves and grass on them about 2 ft deep the mulch keeps them from dying. I do dig up my Canna rhizomes and bring them in the basement.

Got some serious work to do when it freezes and they turn brown lol.

Marty

3 Likes

I’ve have thought the opposite. Maybe the canna’s would do ok, but not the bananas. At least your not digging up the bananas too I guess lol

1 Like