Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

You must be shitting me! When MK disappeared a few weeks ago I walked all around my little neighborhood thinking about that a-hole and praying I wouldn’t find her mutilated body.

2 Likes

Oh, man, I am so sorry! The recent killing was by Olympia High School. The post for it has since been taken down, so I wonder … there was a horrific photo by the owner. I’m hoping for the best on this story, that it isn’t the resurfacing of a lunatic a-hole that I know many of us would tear apart if/when we find him.

If it helps any, and I know it doesn’t, it looks like you live in an area where anything could have gotten your kitty (sorry!!) and we have so many predators to worry about with our kitties (and birdies). Mother nature is a bitch.

That was such a scary time, especially with it happening two doors down from me and two blocks down. Both neighbors I knew well. Unbelievable. I had to put my cat on xanax, I shit you not. He was going crazy wanting out.

Been meaning to write and see how the trip went. I’ll chat with you soon.

3 Likes

I’m not fooling myself. Every neighbor that’s ever tried to raise a couple of chickens has failed.

She was a good old cat and she had lost a lot of weight. She trotted out the front door on a Monday night and I hope she found a spot under a tree somewhere to fall asleep and pass away.

We also have a bunch of these big, fucking barred owls that take care of the bunnies and squirrels.

I’m sure it was just part of the circle of life.

7 Likes

Hey girl! :wave: received your card! :heart:
So thoughtful! Thank you for the kind words! Made my day to hear from you! :green_heart::v:

3 Likes

I lost a cat on the 12th from 2 boxers up the street. I called animal control and did a notarized statement. I’m seeing this through Especially since they have NOT come.down and said shit to me. I have cooled down a lot but it was awful.

4 Likes

[Seeder Breeder Grow Journal let the pollen begin! - #18 by 970cannetics]

You can swing by my journal and see what males look like so when you run into that problem you will have an idea what you are up against.

Now for the starting the seeds by soaking them or just putting them into a medium. I personally just put them straight into the medium I use to grow in any pot. Just a good mix of potting soils and garden soils, organic fertilizers like Neem and kelp. I’ve seen growers soak them straight in water do the wet paper towel, you name it. From what I’ve seen it’s more or less the growers preference. I always recommend just doing what you are most comfortable with. There are so many ways you can start a seed. And none are exactly wrong. Just depends on what works for you.

Good luck happy growing.

4 Likes

They do look thirsty, I keep the ratio of nutes to water the same wether it’s 5 gal I’m mixing or 50. I only adust the ratio if they need more or less food.

3 Likes

I’d give them a good soak to see how much more they can hold to give you an idea of how much they’re drinking, if your in an inert medium it’s good to have some run off with Jack’s so nothing’s building up during dry cycles.

3 Likes

So glad it made it your way. I had a lot of fun deciphering your handwriting on the return address. LOL :wink:

For those not in the know (everybody LOL), Bobette graciously sent me some seeds to help me branch out (CBD, CBC, a type of auto, I can’t remember the others off the top of my head, but I Googled their names and got a lot of info on them).

I’ll have to wait until next Spring to start any more seeds as I grow outside and don’t want to start an indoor hobby at this time (well, I do, but I want to keep it simple and stay outdoors even tho our growing season is so short in the PNW).

Either way, I can’t wait to start new beans!! I got so many that I shared them with a close friend here and she has started some of the CBD/CBC ones and a couple of others. I’ve told her how cool and helpful this group is.

Anyway, thanks so much Bobette!!! :green_heart: :seedling: :green_heart: :seedling:

4 Likes

Spread the weed!! :green_heart::v:
Sorry you had a hard time deciphering my handwriting…I had hand surgery… sucks! I struggle with it… then smoke more weed!! Lol
Glad they made it safe!
FYI…I also grow outdoors, mostly. It’s hard to wait for the next season to start! :smirk::upside_down_face::rofl::green_heart::v:

3 Likes

Please keep us updated on things go with your kitty murder. I’m glad you are seeing this through. You’d think they could at least say something, being silent is even worse. :crying_cat_face:

2 Likes

Thanks for the note. Sorry I’m just replying. Trying to catch up on replies. Nice to see you stop by. I have your journal saved in another tab to view later when I have more time.

I’ve gotten better at identifying females, but when there is nothing, I still haven’t seen a male, although I’m suspecting a couple right now. So just waiting.

My several year old seeds never did take but @PreyBird1 was gracious enough to start me off and all his seeds popped and then germinated immediately and are all still growing and getting bigger every day!

5 Likes

They were thirsty!! So very!! @OlyBoy was kind enough to give me specific says to find out how much they are drinking. He had already advised of the picking them up and ‘feeling’ the weight which is a fantastic way, but I hadn’t figure it out since their smaller Solo days when it was so simple to do so. But then he gave me more advice on watering until runoff and I’ve gotten a much better idea of how much water/feeding they need now. Lots more than I was giving them. And, now they are taking off!! Big time. I had to totally move plants around twice this week to make sure everybody was getting their allotted sun time, etc. LOL … I’m sure I’ll have to do it again.

So, to clarify, inert medium … what exactly is that? My plants are in 40% FFOF; 40% Sunshine #4 and 20% perlite. Since transplant, I’ve top dressed them once with the last of the Sunshine #4 mixed with worm castings. So, I guess I’d understand inert medium as such that isn’t ‘precharged’ with nutrients or the nutrients have waned and now the plants need feeding?

Thank you!

2 Likes

Spot on @1sttimegrower, I wasn’t sure what medium you were using

4 Likes

I havent seen pics lately? What going on here. Lol hey @1sttimegrower hows like and the garden?.

3 Likes

Hi Preybird! I take pics almost daily but there doesn’t seem to be many changes except size, so it feels mundane LOL … but they look great and are really taking off. Yesterday I had to rearrange my garden to accommodate the bigger plants. I wish they all would show their gender already!! It’s the Hash Gods that are holding out. I will post an update with pics later after my laptop charges up so I can do it outside amongst my wildlife. Back in a bit!!

1 Like

Have you ever thought of taking pictures on your phone and then emailing them to yourself? Once they’re there you can edit them or do whatever you want with them. You could even put them in a file and date them.

2 Likes

I’ve never seen GN on a computer… so simple from the phone. Just bend and snap…I mean focus and snap…sorry. lol

3 Likes

Yes, sometimes I do it that way. Sometimes I take cell pics and post directly but can’t see anything very well beforehand even with glasses LOL. But mostly, they upload to the Cloud and I fix them there and then download them to computer to post. I could do better and date/file them. Google Photos has them in date order, so I always know what to date what I post. It’s really just taking the time to edit and post that stops me in my tracks. Thank you!!

2 Likes

LOL … my eyes are just too horrible to do much from my cell. Also, I’ve noticed my cheap android cell doesn’t let me focus. Drives me nuts. So I just have to take multiples til I get a clear one. You must be one of our young’uns … LOL

My next cell will be bought mainly on how good the camera is. I don’t use it much for anything else. Maybe a text here and there or looking at FB while waiting for an appt or something. But I’m very frugal (cheap) and I can’t upgrade until/unless my current cell dies … or breaks or … oops … DROP! LOL

3 Likes