Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

You have a beautiful plant growing. I would give her 1 to 2 weeks. The more amber trichs the more couch lock effect.

4 Likes

What I couldn’t tell is are the trichs clear or have they moved into milky mode? Or both? I don’t think I see amber ones. Is it true that it’s time when there are more cloudy than clear and just a few ambers?

Thank you so much for looking and commenting. I really couldn’t go wrong with @PreyBird1 's beans and the help of so many peeps here. Well I could have LOL … you are growing Sky Gods, too, yes?

4 Likes

When you harvest is a perssersonl decision. 0.

4 Likes

Well, I want couchlock but since this is my first time, that’s what I’m trying to learn, when do the trichs say “it’s couchlock time!” LOL … to tell the truth, I don’t know what I want. Whenever I buy at the recreational store, they ask and I say I want to be able to sleep but have a nice high first. But I answer that way b/c I can’t afford everything I want, only what I need (sleep - I have terrible isomnia). Now that I’m growing, I can learn how to provide whatever I want and whatever I need for myself. Can’t. wait. It’ll all work out. It’s a lifelong process, I’m seeing.

4 Likes

Yeah let them go more. its at least a week. If not more.

2 Likes

I’ve done the entire growing shrooms things but not no more. It’s weed or bust for me. It might be ladythief in here, search up the topic. Unfortunately @CoyoteCody doesn’t grace us with his presence anymore but he’s a shroom growing kingpin boss. I’m pretty sure he has a thread in here as a matter of fact definitely over on lgm. Hold on brb
BINGO

I’m not the biggest shroom fan… lol don’t get me wrong I’ll eat them if I see but sidney is my preference.

5 Likes

Thanks! I’ve read SO many threads in here, old and new, searching for jewels of wisdom. Yes, I’ve found many jewels. I may have bookmarked that person when I saw shrooms mentioned.

Not sure, but I think Oregon made shrooms legal in some way. So my friend got her stuff from Oregon. Should be interesting. I truly believe in the powers of psychedelics in certain areas of behavioral health. I haven’t done any in over 30 years but would like to experience it again.

5 Likes

Well let’s do it. All I need is an excuse I’ll help you with as much research as I can… lmao :rofl: be happy to send ya paper if ya need it. Stuff is like $10/15 hit now. I use to get a book for 5 bills. - that’s 10 sheets - Days of long ago. I’m way over die for a good trip . I have some orange and blue gels that ppl are saying are out of this world. I haven’t had one yet. But I got some blotter too that’s more my pace … especially when I’m taking it at work . Lol

7 Likes

i have to share the advice i was given when i was expecting to make a haul on my first grow. i was told " dont count your bud til its in your bong" :rofl:

8 Likes

Words to live by… none truer have been spoke. That is a mighty fine piece of advice there pluckem!!! Go get em 1st timer .

5 Likes

Pretty sure I found bud rot on my plants this evening. It was dark then so I got a flashlight and identified a few buds and chopped them off. Tomorrow, I’m chopping my Hash God and putting the other four into the dark to chop next. I’d been flushing for about 4 days now. I don’ t have pics yet. But I’ve seen pics of bud rot on this site and it’s bud rot. Only about 4 colas had it on the bud at the end of the cola.

Any quick SOS fixes to stop it in its tracks until I can get them chopped? Spray with peroxide water mix? I chopped the pieces that had it, but that doesn’t mean I got it all. I didn’t.

4 Likes

Also, I’ve decided to chop and then dry trim. In order to dry trim, when does the bud washing commence? I need to bud wash b/c it’s an outdoor grow and because of the beginnings of bud rot.

So, does this sound right? I’ll trim off the big leaves (fan), then bud wash, then hang til dry and then do the real trimming. I don’t know. I’m tired.

3 Likes

Bud washing occurs as soon as you cut it down. The plant must be green and fresh. After bud washing give it a gentle shake till most of the water stops dripping and then hang to dry with the fan blowing on it until stop stripping. I believe I saw it on a different site where somebody was using a product called EM1. They’re using it to prevent white powdery mold and bud rot. One person was saying that he sprayed the bud rot spots every day for several days and they shrunk up small and he pulled them off. That’s what I’ve read recently.

5 Likes

AAAAgggghhhh … I’m ready to start the Hash God chop but I can’t decide whether to wet or dry trim!!! Indecision is my enemy (lyrics by my favorite singer/songwriter) … heh …

I was able to check my five plants out much more closely in the daylight and didn’t find any more. Doesn’t mean I’m safe yet.

Failed at pics b/c my daughter was visiting and I hate taking time away from her. I did trim the faulty buds I chopped (while we visited) because most of the buds on the stem were fine. Just the buds at the tip of the cola had rot. So, the proof is gone. LOL …

Sorry to be redundant, but I have my three tubs ready to fill but don’t know the ratio yet of peroxide to water. I have 3% peroxide. The ratios I’ve seen are all over the place.

THEN, do I rinse again in baking soda and/or lemon juice before doing the final clear rinse?

Whether I dry trim or not, bud washing is going to commence to try to stop any bud rot. But, first, I have to finish watching this intense Sooners game against Texas … BOOMER!!

I should tag peeps … I’ll be back with some ‘after’ pics of last nights bud rot chop … hope to hear from y’all and thanks for stopping in!!

7 Likes

Well crap. I better check my outdoor plant to look for rot today.

3 Likes

Hurry! :wink: I’m sure your girl is fine. How much longer for her?

2 Likes

It’s usually one or the other… 1/4 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup baking soda mixed into 1 bucket. OR peroxide at a ratio of 1 cup to 5 gallon bucket filled to 4 gals. I use about 1/3rd of the bottle of 3%. in 1 bucket. I do believe a cup is 8 oz. Do with this info as you plz but that’s what I know works for me.
Sorry to hear about the rot… You’ll get over it in a couple days. :joy: The first time hurts a little bit.

5 Likes

My friend just texted me that her mushrooms are in the end stage, so that was fast … since I know nothing of growing mushrooms, I have to believe her. She is the best gardener I know. Mushrooms are new for her, but she knows her stuff. Does one need paper for mushrooms? So nice of you to offer paper. I’ll ask her. I haven’t tripped in over 30 years but I’d like to again a few more times before my time is up. Really appreciate your reply on this. Especially since it’s not weed related.

4 Likes

Very good to know! I tend to overdo things. Heh. I guess I’ll have to go with the peroxide since … you know … bud rot … Again, I really appreciate the reply and the ratio advice.

We just finished chopping and wet trimming the Hash God and it weighs 696 grams, including the tray it’s in. I went with wet trimming because #1 it’s how @OlyBoy taught me hands on and #2 I read that wet trim was better to prevent bud rot. LOL My ‘new’ iPhone already died so I have to wait for it to charge to take pics. I’m getting ready to wash and hang after I take a few pics.

It’s SO funny how I’ve become quite familiar with measurements this year (nutrients alone forced me). I always had mind blanks about measurements, but I think I’ve got it down now. With my memory, I’m sure I’ll have to re-memorize later.

I’m okay with the bud rot. I knew it would happen. Hell, maybe I made it happen with law of attraction crap. LOL. Now I know and I can breathe a sigh of relief and deal with it.

3 Likes

That stuff Hap mentioned EM1 I’ve been meaning to get some. I know I’ll do another outdoor catastrophe grow next summer so that may be my saving Grace… Lol eyes rolling… even though I say I won’t do anymore outdoor grows evey freaking year.
Eyes still rolling
Oly was laughing about this a while back… How where pretty good on measurements and weights… lol
Or in his case divisibles of 14 &28 … don’t ask!
U mention I phone… Old lady in my building has me come up to help her with her famdangled phone …lol she hands me her I phone 4! LMAO “that is your problem”
LMFAO. You ever try and explain an operating system or firmware to an 80 yr old. … Ya .me neither!!! LoL

4 Likes