Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

My friend grew one up over the roof! It was a damn tree. He got busted by his sister before we got to finish it outdoor.

3 Likes

I once did 3 weeks no AC after hurricane Wilma… middle of summer/ season. Not to mention week after the hurricane is a stale, muggy, cloudless existence…lol I get what your making sista!!

4 Likes

Speaking of girth…look at the size of my… :cucumber:… B oO m ¡¡

6 Likes

11 1/2 or 12 foot my tallest yet. I prefer not to have them get that tall but what are you do. There’s no ceiling…:rofl:

4 Likes

Hey! Did you know this is is happening in August?

That’s right past Hoodsport! Heck yeah, I’m going!

I didn’t read any of your thread yet today. It looks like I’ve got some catching up to do.

@mudman Maybe you can enter your ISK for 2022!

4 Likes

This and the other girl are both White Runtz X Skywalker OG. What’s funny is the other one isn’t as bushy. I would almost think the labels got mixed up but they didn’t (unless boyfriend made a booboo and didn’t tell me LOL)

I remember reading that bushy and/or short could indicate female and that tall and/or scant (non-bushy) could indicate male, but not sure how true that is. Each strain you gave me has both bushy or tall or both (if I recall correctly but no way am I going outside in the heat LOL)

So, Yay! Thank you for girl verification!!

4 Likes

Some males are more vigorouse and lanky yes but some strains do that naturally. And since those are F1’s they can be different phenotypes. Like siblings some may be buff, some may be short, or tall. I wish all seeds were exactly like the parents. But nope but usually 80% of the traits are carried over from the female. So i always made sure i used beautiful nice bud producing winners

5 Likes

Wow! That is close. No, I did not know this was happening. Sounds like it might be at Mike’s Resort. It’s one of two scuba places in the area and is very quaint and old. And they started having live music this summer. Hmmm. I love that place. Putting it on my calendar to consider. Trying to fit as much fun stuff to do between July and September is hard!! Thanks for sharing! Hope you are staying cool!

2 Likes

All of that info goes right over my head! F1s, phenotypes, etc. LOL … but I trust you know what you are talking about, way more than anything I’ve read. Does sounds like genes and people. You know know what genes any kids is gonna get til you see. LOL … I should probably research what F1s are … :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m trying. I went to a Safe Access Market event downtown this afternoon.
https://www.twenty22many-olympia.org/events

It was pretty cool. There was a lot of free stuff. Tons of stuff to buy, but there wasn’t any pressure to buy anything. It was more of a social thing. I bought a $5 smoothie on my way out to drink when I got home.
5 dollar shake

That smoothie was so freaking good.
5 dollar good

There was no bourbon in it. But it was medicated. I wish I had another one.

4 Likes

"The term “F1 " means the “first filial generation,” or the initial cross between two genetically distinct plants” … I love to be able to say that I learn something new every day. Especially at my age LOL …

and … " F1 stands for First Filial Generation. Usually, dominant features prevail in this generation. For the appearance of recessive and “stabilization”, the varieties of plants of the F1 generation must be crossed with each other. “F1” denotes that the seeds or plants have two true-breeding parents."

3 Likes

Yes i could have told you that. But you learned it see. Nobody needs to be told how to do anything. Just given the right path and just enough information to peak your intrest into researching. Thats what i do i like to understand it fully before i say anything like i know wtf im doing lol. Usually i can show you how to do it by showing you how i did it!

4 Likes

So, a little leaf thing here on just one of my ten plants. I looked at the cannabis leaf symptoms site and it could be manganese deficiency? But the photos show a worse version of this on both sides of the leaves and mine only have it on one side of one lower fan leaf. I’d appreciate any thots on this. Thanks!

4 Likes

I was using this site: Cannabis Leaf Symptoms Quick Guide With Pics | DrCannabis

2 Likes

That would be amazing!

2 Likes

It looks like under feeding from when it was in the cups. If theres not wnough food the plant will sacrifice the lower plants leaves and eat them. Usually you can tell by. Gently tugging on the leaf. If it pops of easy its not eating the leaf and theres an issue. If its hard to pull then the plants eating the leaf. It looks like it was old growth. Monitor it or pluck it and those dried out lowest leaves.

5 Likes

That sounds AMAZING!! Do they take non vets at times?? The only cannabis thing I’ve ever attended is that yearly festival in Olympia down by the Lake. I’ve never been to the Seattle one.

2 Likes

When I go out tomorrow morning when it’s ‘cool’ … I’ll check more closely if it pops off easily. I moved from Solo cups to the bags on June 17th and stopped feeding due to the nutes in FFOF for 2-3 weeks. I have Jacks 321 all ready to start using. I’ll get back to you on what I find out tomorrow so that we can make a plan :slight_smile: I’ll also pluck those dried out lower leaves. Thank you!

4 Likes

If my leaf has 40% issue or damage i pluck it off.

7 Likes

omg. true story about that festival in Oly. Back when I was still on active duty and my kids were little, i drove past capitol lake one morning and saw they were set up for a festival or something. i picked up the kids that afternoon from school and had an hour or two to kill before dinner. I didn’t want to go home yet because it was a nice day. So we went to the festival.

Like I said, it was a little bit after school had let out. I didn’t care what the festival was for. The kids needed to get their ya-yas out. We were there for about 10-15 min and I wasn’t paying attention to anything. Then my daughter asked me to go over to one of the tents to buy her something. No shit. At that moment, the musician on the stage stopped singing and was talking about something and the entire crowd started chanting “TEN! NINE! EIGHT! SEVEN SIX!..” My daughter was showing me some beautiful glass bongs with unicorns on them or something. I looked at my watch. The date. April 20th. The time? 4:19.

At that point I realized where we were.

I explained to my daughter that, with a small kids in the house, it might not be a good idea to have glass sculptures (bongs) with unicorns on them. But we could find something else later. We stayed for 2-3 more songs, then I made the command decision to GTFO.

A few months later, I was telling this story to my Squadron Commander. He looks at me and says “why the shit are you telling me this story?” I told him that I didn’t smoke anything. And even if I had smoked anything that day, it would have been out of my system a long time ago. I was less than a year from retirement. I never pissed hot for weed for my entire career.

5 Likes