Ack! Scared of failure, but here goes my first journal - old subject line LOL

No, I like brown/amber pistils. These are the brown things at the base of each stem/branch. Usually green. I’m afraid I’ve abused my plants a bit lately when I was working like 4 jobs. Or 5. Can’t keep count. I have a photo on my cell. Will try to post soon.

9 Likes

I have found that im most cases brown clalyxes are the result of bud rot then dry out after they die. I suppose it could also be from insect damage if you had them outside. I have had bud rot, but only on outside plants, never inside, but I am fanatical about having super ventilation and air movement in my tent.

Marty

9 Likes

That’s why I was asking to make sure, cause brown calyxes sound like botrytis to me 9/10!

8 Likes

Underwatering can cause this also underwatering can simulate nutrient deficiency and it only takes once to cause the issue. I started using earth worm casting and then once the plants initially eat all the availbe food they go into a cal mag deficiency and i give them cal mag everyday?? So im not using any of the worm castings this time to verify its the issue. Also if you didnt water enough that the plant wilts badly
Do not give it nutrients. Only use water in this wilted state because the nutrient water can burn the roots. Then the plants stunted and youll be chasing ghost deficiencies caused my operator error. Instead any real issues. I like to flirt with the almost dried out plants and watering only 1x a day or every 2 days. And i have fucked up a lot of plants doing this. Ive had beautiful grows wrecked in one watering. And made a series of bad choices on watering or not. But 16hrs makes a huge difference and can wipe out some plants. Theres always something that can go wrong.

9 Likes

These were all outdoor until about a week or two ago. Once it starts raining up here in the PNW, one must bring the plants in. I wanted to give them more time, so they got to live in the guest room for the time being. I have found small amounts of bud rot and I also found those budworms while harvesting. Thx!

Yep, I’m sure it could very well be due to bud rot. Very little bud rot, but still. Thx!

I could very well be guilty of this due to my crazy schedule. That being said, they all got harvested yesterday. As for when I did water, once I brought them inside a couple of weeks ago, I only watered with water and only 3 times. I didn’t give this year’s plants anywhere as much time as I did last year’s plants (your seeds). Thx!

7 Likes

I hate that. It’s only happened to me once on one plant. I gave that plant an extra careful second wash and a second trim after it dried a little so I could inspect it before letting it dry. It looked clean to me so I let it dry and it looked and smelled good when I jarred it. It was fine.

what kind of brown are you talking about?

8 Likes

All I can think is downtown Julie Brown !!

9 Likes

Thats close to my netflix name. Downtown husky brown lol

9 Likes

BROOOO… speaking Of Netflix. DO not … do not waste your dollar on the movie NOPE. It is ridiculous! Wrap it up in one sentence - a brother and sista trying to catch a gigantic comforter that eats horses. So sucked so bad. And the worst part is - I rented that s*** from Redbox, forgot it at work and had to pay $10 in late fees.

9 Likes

Sorry for the late reply and I can’t see for shit right now but think this pics shows the brown …

8 Likes

Looks like one of two possible things going on there…
High probability it’s a Alternaria infection (Alternaria is most prevalent in the spring and fall). I think I see a leaf in the upper right quadrant of the photo that displays the necrotic (dead) leaf tip with a yellow ‘halo’ on the upper border…very characteristic…

If your plant is nearing maturity, the Alternaria will not have time to overtake your crop…just trim off any leaves that show the necrosis and you’ll be fine…

Another possibility that shows the same symptom is salt toxicity ( always starts at the leaf tip and dies back progressively…also has the yellow band between dead leaf and healthy green tissue)

This is usually associated with Sodium (Na) or Chlorine (Cl) toxicity levels…

So how can you tell the difference between salt toxicity and Alternaria??? Salt toxicity will ALWAYS begin at the leaf tips and work it’s way up the leaf. Alternaria often begins with RANDOM dead spots that usually appear on the margins of the leaf. Alternaria infections tend to begin on lower leaves, and with time spread randomly up the entire plant…

FWIW

7 Likes

Harvest and call it a day.

8 Likes

Did! On Saturday. Now just hanging/drying til the moisture reader tells me it’s done. :slight_smile:

It was and is now cut, harvested and hanging to dry. :slight_smile:

Thank you both!!

8 Likes

Been around 5 days ish … yah? Having a place inside to cure I envy! LoL how many did ya chop?? :cut_of_meat: Look chop is a steak!! That’s funny!

7 Likes

Photo dump

13 Likes

Pics below or above

Biden my time with this

Now, this here is a steak

13 Likes

Ya it is… I want steak n eggs for breakfast tomorrow… Hot dang!
I can’t imagine that’s oatmeal in a capsule. LoL Sure looks like shroomage :grin:

9 Likes

Yep. Man, I can’t shroom!! This is the 3rd time I’ve had some and NOTHING. I’m told it may be my anti-depressants negate the effects. So, I went OFF my meds for two weeks to see. And, NOPE. Nothing. Nada. Zip. And the place I got them from got raided and, well, I wouldn’t go back anyway, as nothing I bought there, not even the edibles, worked. I had no idea how damn good my own edibles were!! What I’m most interested in is microdosing, to see if I can replace pills. But I also want to trip. It may also be that I don’t know how to dose and I’m afraid to eat more. I’ve heard 3.5g is a good amount. NOPE.

13 Likes

Settle down cowgirl… You need to re-evaluate your shrooming experience and chalk it up as a win. Your still in a good position and don’t want to dive into the deep end and drown. Lose all that negative “didn’t feel nothing” ju ju energy. You’d much rather have a couple “I’m not sure I tripped” experiences rather then a " I’ll never do that again" trip. LMAO :rofl: I promise you!! You can message me if ya want but coincidentally I’m actually hitting the post office this weekend sending some shroom candy out.

12 Likes

You make some excellent points here!!

I’m gonna work ‘Cowgirl’ into my new moniker now …

12 Likes