Advice needed for nutrients

6 Likes

I just started using AN, so I still can’t compare, but I will share my results later on

4 Likes

Bottled, premixed nutrients for some reason just seem to attract new growers. I started with GH nutes but has since switched to a dry/granular mix. With the dry nutrients, I can single out the nutrients to help correct deficiencies.

For instance, say you have a plant that really loves the nitrogen. Like more so then any other plants your growing. With those premixed ratios you aren’t able to give the plant just nitrogen. You would have to also give extra phosphorus or potassium since the mixture is already made, thus creating different problems.

With my Jack’s nutrients, I can single out individual elements and cater better to a plants needs. Completely customizable to any type of plant.

And the best part…I use the same mixture from seed to harvest.

6 Likes

I use the AN line up with great results. With that being said I did it knowing that it was to get my “feet wet” and understand the nutritional requirements of the plants. Highly recommend Great White mycorrhizal supplement as well. Has endo and ecto mycorrhizae as well as beneficial bacterial culture. When you’re flowering just push your plants until you start to see any tip burn and then back off and you should be good. Make sure to flush well. I’d use like half the recommended dose when the plants are smaller and gradually increase as the size of the plant does. Use your best judgement. I started off using too much now I’m guilty of using too little lol. Find a happy medium and enjoy the free flowers!

6 Likes

That’s what I considering to do. Follow the plan I found on their website and flush once a week. I might bump to nutrient burn that’s why decided to wash them once a week.

2 Likes

Hey @john7 Check out this topic “Advanced Nutrient Line Up.” Along with the great info in this thread, our members have provided some very informative content along with an A.N. AMA link that was hosted by them not too long ago.

Happy chatting and growing!

3 Likes

I will! Thanks a lot!

2 Likes

I don’t mind the bio line gh. Check out this study “a top nutrient study” it’s on 420 magazine site. I have found it to be very accurate and much to learn. I use the earth juice original line but like bio canna as well.if u want Niger yeilds of amazing looking buds a.n. is great but pricy as hell.so is bio canna. That bio boost is super pricy!!I use greenfuse bloom booster instead with identical results at a small fraction of the cost.earth juice is super cheap and the best bottled nutes available imho I have ran almost every line that has stood the test of time and I find e.j. has best flavor and potency .and great yeilds I pull 200 g off a runt and 500-600 of a monster (this crop) I have a true monster coming up she’s almost dry now I can’t wait to check the weight haha

3 Likes

Are you using anything for a P K boost? I use mono potassium phosphate. I’m also supplementing with NPK Industries RAW additives to get my aminos, kelp, fulvic, etc.

5 Likes

Reminds me of the night me and my wife were having a nice grouper for dinner and I mentioned how was nice that I was able to catch my own fish. My wife didn’t say anything for about two or three minutes, then she left the table and came back with a calculator, and about a minute later said, "factoring in the cost of the boat, other assorted fishing equipment, time, fuel, and all the other assorted associated costs this grouper at cost to date is around $1400 a pound. LOL. Ain’t no such thing as a free lunch.

3 Likes

Lmao if you know what you’re doing there is! You also don’t need a boat and all the best gear to catch fish. Just like a Buick will get you to the same place a Cadillac will… I get the point. My wife has a similar story but the point of hers was if you don’t have anything good to say just keep your mouth shut! Good story! Ps your wife sounds like a b****!!!

I’ll have to look into dry nutrients… Maybe I’ll try on the next go around… Sounds like you have it down to a science tho so I’ll probably hit you up for advice when the time comes!

4 Likes

:facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::facepunch::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I’ll check out the article for sure!.. I’ve been seeing great results with the GH line so far but I’ll definitely look into the greenfuse bloom booster after my GH runs out… I only have a grow tent 4’ high but my ladies are short bushy obviously…what do you think would give me denser nugs?? I’ll spend the extra if it’s worth it… I’ll send a pic of my lady… She probably still has about 5-6 weeks of flowering

1 Like

1 Like

Chemdog#4…

1 Like

Good genetics then good light are most important. Keep your night time temps within 5°c of day temps. And if you can work your vapor pressure deficit chart you will be surprised how much that effects density;)

1 Like

Looking nice and healthy bro;)

Just a thought. U may have a tiny and I mean tiny bit of issues with your soil temps. When your lights turn on do your plants seem a little bit droopy? If so check your soil temp just as the lights turn on should be a few degrees cooler or close to room temp at sun up

1 Like

In the last pic you may have too much air flow or heat going in that plant the little serrated edges on that plant are curling upwards it is a sigh the plant is expiring more water than it can take up.its not a big issue at all but will help you read your plants.but all in all great start up man you will soon experience pride like nothing you have experienced since childbirth/your wedding day lol but really…

2 Likes