Advice on leaves

Hello! I was just wanting an opinion… this is on my photo Purple Queen and also same mottled pattern on my Royal Gorilla Auto… I was just wondering if anyone has any idea what could cause this? Very new to growing so please forgive me… these are my first two plants.
From so many charts I’ve looked at I can’t see any deficiency which is similar?
I grow in indoor in soil and under full spectrum COB LEDs. It seems to be on the older leaves.
I was just hoping you were the best to ask :slight_smile:

Most kindest regards!

6 Likes

I bet @Growernick will have some insight here…

5 Likes

Hello and welcome @nellis!

Have you any yellow sticky traps around? Have you seen any new critters around?

I’m not sure if I am seeing detail enough to really give a precise diagnosis.

happy growing,

MacG

6 Likes

images%20(3)

Welcome @nellis to GN :grin:

6 Likes

Thank you for the welcomes :slight_smile:

Do you think it’s gnats? Is this what it looks like? I have seen the odd one very occasionally and always checked soil but never saw any evidence of larvae, the plants are healthy otherwise. I have neem oil on the ready for this problem should it need it, I always let the soil dry out as well.

5 Likes

You might have something more than just gnats.

It almost looks like something is eating and leaving a trail of damage.

Soil or fungus gnats in abundance can damage the roots and cause problems, but if you are not seeing a ton of them, then this is probably not your problem.

~MacG

5 Likes

Can you get a little more definition in your pictures, maybe a little closer without getting blurry? And some shots of the underside?
~MacG

5 Likes

Welcome @nellis

Can you get us some more info regarding you’re temps/RH in your grow space

If it’s the Older leaves and you’re not seeing a lot of critters, could be some sort of nutrient lock / or burn

Better, clearer pics will help diagnose

Cheers,

Packee

5 Likes

Thank you for your help !

RH is around 40% and temperature 30°C, 18/6 light cycle (since photo is still in veg) we are in a big heatwave and controlling temps is so hard in an A rated energy efficiency new build house, even with a strong exhaust and lights running from 3PM-8AM it’s still so hot, the light is 24" away from them, the tops of the plants with IR temperature probe reads 28°C.
They are 6 weeks old now from germination. We have fed GMB, B52 and now big bud for the auto, we have seen some burnt tips and edges on some of the other leaves on both, they both seem to have the same symptoms, so we have been flushing as well, but this mottling hasbus confused.

Just want some happy babies :rofl::sob:

4 Likes

Some pictures of the underside of the leaves could help as well.
~MacG

3 Likes

Are you growing in soil?

If it is a nutrient problem is could be related to a pH that is too far out of range for the media you are growing in. A bad pH can result in lockout or toxicities.
~MacG

3 Likes

They’re running at a pH of 6, though I thought the pH perfect was supposed to help out with that? I’ll get underside now

2 Likes

Are those leaves touching the side of the tent. Possibly getting too much moisture ?

Packee

2 Likes

2 Likes

I was kind of thinking maybe the same thing.

Maybe even condensation from the leaves touching each other.

Do you have a fan in there to make the leaves lightly flutter and keep too moist of areas from building up, keeping the relative humidity even throughout the tent?

~MacG

2 Likes

No touching sides, it’s a 120x120x200m tent, all leaves are bone dry, trained apart from each other. Also lots of fans, intake, two blowing around plants inside, one blowing heat away from light and exhaust.

2 Likes

Check out this awesome helpful article about nutrient related yellowing.

happy reading,

MacG

1 Like

More pics

Auto (Royal Gorilla from RQS)

Photo (Purple Queen from RQS)

And the small bit of burning

2 Likes

I’d probably have to bet the problem is a pH issue at the roots if it isn’t and critters.

~MacG

4 Likes

How is this possible? Forgive me if I’m wrong but I thought with pH perfect in the food I’d not need to worry so much about pH?

3 Likes