AMA Today at 11AM Pacific featuring JWC Environmental

We use the term shredder and grinder interchangeably.

It is our experience that that hemp extracting processes are each different based on some of the following variables.

• Material Sourcing
  • Extraction Method
  • Batch/Continues Feeding
  • Metallurgy Requirements

The customer gets exactly what they need from JWC. @nick

3 Likes

I hope you enjoy this page from our website! It offers some visuals to aid in the understanding of how the processing works. @Kareenabis420

2 Likes

I don’t do extractions myself, but in conversation I’ve heard that sometimes different sizes of trim material are required depending on the extraction lab used and even the particular cannabinoid that’s being extracted. First, is this the case? And if so, how are machines able to accommodate this?

3 Likes

Indeed. We have a large install base in Canada. Many of the well known growers are using our technology with great success.

2 Likes

@nick Yes, this is true. We offer a wide variety of cutter sizes/combinations for the differing extraction methods i.e. ethanol, water, CO2, etc…

3 Likes

General compliance question - Do you know if cannabis/hemp green waste disposal always requires mixing of another substance? Cardboard is an example I saw in Denver. They shredded it with the green waste to make it unusable.

3 Likes

@nick Every state has different regulations. However from what we have seen most states do require mixing with other organic materials.

4 Likes

Is there any reason to be worried about the integrity of the product (e.g. damaging trichomes or somehow affecting the chemistry of the plant)?

5 Likes

Do you have any plans to expand further into the cannabis space? Trimmers perhaps?

3 Likes

@aflohrschutz great question. Our customers have told us there is little to no damage of materials. We believe this is due to our slow speed, high torque technology. Typically, our cutters rotate at about 60 rpm, unlike other technology (hammermills).

4 Likes

@aflohrschutz Also, our units do not generate nearly as much dust as other technologies. Which means less product loss…

4 Likes

Great! Thanks for the info!

3 Likes

JWC has been manufacturing grinders/screens since 1973. We will continue to focus on innovation in those products for the cannabis/hemp space. No plans on expanding to trimmers.

However, we do partner with OEM customers that supply a system with our technology in it.

@nick

3 Likes

@aflohrschutz thanks for the question. If you are at MJBIZCon next week, stop on by our booth!!

3 Likes

About 5 minutes left and I’m really curious about your R&D process. Can you tell us how long it took you to get your shredders exactly right? What kinds of material is used for testing? Can you provide any kind of durability testing info?

3 Likes

Our R&D Team is very much in touch with what the users require in the field. They regularly are involved with site visits and customer discussions. This has much to do with our success in the last 45+ years.

3 Likes

Our time is about up! Is there anything else you’d like the GN community to know about JWC Environmental?

2 Likes

In most cases, we use the relevant material to do testing. We want do testing our plant and at customer sites.

3 Likes

That makes sense!

2 Likes

@nick First we would like to thank GN for allowing us to be a part of the AMA forum. We believe it is important for this industry to share information that will be beneficial for all.

4 Likes