🍃 AMA with Cameron Bravmann Wednesday, July 24th at 11 AM PST

Funny you should ask. Prior to GN / GNU, I would never have been in front of a camera. Generally cameras make me turn the other way :joy:

5 Likes

Obviously, I am now a bit more comfortable with the prospect of being in front of the camera, but currently I have no other work in the works, so to speak

5 Likes

You seem pretty comfortable in front of that camera, @cbravmann! :wink:

4 Likes

I think that this will require 2 things:

1 - federal legalization/regulation
2 - innovation at the CPG level

5 Likes

Perhaps the biggest problem is the mixed-nature of things like disposable vape carts. Mixed materials like this are basically impossible to recycle.

It is my understanding that some companies are working towards a “recycling” program, where you can return spent carts, and they would then go back to the mfr, and could be repurposed. Up until now, I have not actually seen a dispensary that is doing this.

7 Likes

Delta 8, brother… Delta 8.

4 Likes

Do you think owner/operators are going to assume the onus of responsibility (we are a “green industry”, after all) and begin to change their ways voluntarily, or is going to take some form of governmental regulation and enforcement efforts to get us all to change our wicked, wasteful ways?

4 Likes

As to your other question, I frequently work with operators that are moving through the process, beginning with license applications, through ongoing operations. This typically invovles staffing/training. The SOPs that the GNU course are based on come from this work.

5 Likes

@cbravmann what was your favorite part of filming Deep Roots Episode 1?

5 Likes

If we use other industries as a model for this, I would imagine that most will continue the status quo. Some innovator will come along and create something new, and there will be a slow adoption.

5 Likes

Hey @cbravmann! Thanks for hosting this!

What is the one thing that gets you most excited when you visit a facility? Is it technique, equipment, know-how, etc.

5 Likes

Hanging out with my boy Nick Morin. Come go with us…

6 Likes

Talking to the people that make up the operation. Everyone from ownership to the front line technicians.

6 Likes

@cbravmann where do you see the global cannabis industry heading by 2025?

5 Likes

Certainly learning about new processes is fun. and seeing new equipment technology is great too. But I am pretty much in it for the people (and food and music). :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

Innovative CPG

4 Likes

Could you give us an example of what that looks like in 2019?

4 Likes

Certainly THC and CBD are a big deal right now, but there are so many other cannabinoids that are as of yet un/little known. My guess is that buying a product in 2025 will be like going to VistaPrint to order business cards. People will get to pick there effect, color, flavor, etc, and hit purchase, and in 24 hours the product will be on their doorstep.

9 Likes

Drinks, topicals, sublinguals, capsules, pills, tinctures, etc

6 Likes

Do you see these kinds of consumable goods commanding a more significant portion of the consumer market in the near future, vs. combustibles?

5 Likes