๐Ÿƒ AMA with Henry Finkelstein CEO of Cannabis Big Data Weds March 20th 11 AM PST

1 Like

Copy. Iโ€™m wondering about data ownership and usage โ€“ say Iโ€™m a user and I send you my API key. Does my data then automatically enter your system permanently? Is there an opportunity to opt out if I want to?

3 Likes

Your data is your data - that a core concept of our privacy policy and terms of service.

If you sign up for the benchmarking tool, your data would only be used for the benchmarking analysis and the reporting you see for your own purposes. No one will ever see anything beyond deidentified, anonymized data (except your team, of course!). We are not in the business of reselling your data.

If that ever changes for any reason in the future, we would reach out to each company and give them the opportunity to opt out of any future efforts.

4 Likes

Whew! Thatโ€™s good news for a grower to hear!

3 Likes

Awesome. I know the hour is up, but one more question: where do small cultivators fit? Is most of the data you collect from large grows?

3 Likes

I guess thatโ€™s two questions :wink:

3 Likes

No worries. We work with cultivators of any size as long as they are legal commercial facilities licensed by their state or province.

4 Likes

@henry, thanks for this enlightening AMA! We are excited to be part of this new and exciting facet of the evolving cannabis industry!

I have one more question before we sign off on your second GN AMA: when we bring you back for your third AMA โ€“ letโ€™s say, in a year or two โ€“ where do you see the cannabis industry? Where do you see Cannabis Big Data fitting into the evolution of the industry?

2 Likes

The industry is only getting more sophisticated as it relates to the need for, and how to use, data. Iโ€™m excited to see this evolution and to be a driving force in the maturation of the market!

6 Likes

Cheers to that!

Thanks again, Henry :evergreen_tree:

3 Likes

Very cool!

2 Likes

Itโ€™ll be interesting to see how early adopters utilize this information and how it impacts competition for increasing market share over time.
giphy%20(2)

2 Likes