🍃 AMA with Joel Perkins of Key Grow Solutions Wednesday, August 7th at 11 AM PST

Oh, I truly believe it is! There is incredible potential to achieve the maximum cannabinoid/terp potential from our plants by manipulating environmental inputs like nutrients and lights.

2 Likes

Thanks for doing this AMA Joel! How long did it take you guys to develop your products and bring them to market?

3 Likes

It seems there is a new nutrient company catering to cannabis clients every day. How long has Key Grow Solution been in business? Is the company new to nutrients?

2 Likes

Thanks for hanging out with us!

The technology in our products has taken 73 years to reach this point, we are a direct descendant you could say of Ben Peterson, who invented modern liquid fertilizing in 1946 as the Na-Churs Plant Food Company.

As far as finalizing these mixes for cannabis specifically, it’s been just a little bit over a year and we have spent the last year going through registrations and testing the products. We are just now working on bringing them to market, and have begun shipping product within the last two months.

5 Likes

Two questions answered at once! Nicely done!

3 Likes

We were the first company to introduce modern liquid fertilizing as well as foliar feeding in the 1940s and 1950s!

4 Likes

The easiest part still is to manipulate the size/shape of the plant by fine-tuning the blue-red ratio. This can help to optimize the usage of your given space…

Manipulating terpens and cannabinoids can be realized by the uvb to blue spectrum but it is not so easy and if UV comes into play also expensive.

But yes aligning CO2 level, light intensity, temp and watering and fertilization profiles should always be the first step…

3 Likes

@joel_keygrow Have you ever thought about developing a special fertilizer for LED applications?

4 Likes

Here is a little bit of easily accessible information on Acetate and Acytal CoA. This article references that it is more effective in conjunction with glucose than it is alone, and we do have some glucose materials that work with it as well, but we have found potassium to be the most efficient vehicle for delivering acetate into the plant. I have also seen calcium acetate in products on the market, and that is effective as well, but not as effective.
https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/neuroscience/acetate

This isn’t as specific as what I’d like to be able to show, but it’s a start towards understanding.

4 Likes

I know that LED-grown plants have a tendency to use more magnesium, but I haven’t run into any deficiencies under the current feeding program. I’m certainly open to ideas though, I can’t think of everything (or probably much of anything ha) myself!

3 Likes

Thank you so much to everyone for attending, asking questions, and keeping me on my toes! Like Nick mentioned, there are so many of us out there these days that it’s sort of an honor to me that you might take the time to talk to us.

If anyone would be interested in running tests and comparisons at their professional facility, please know that I love to put my literal money where my mouth is, and am more than happy to provide nutrients and financially support comparative lab tests.

4 Likes

Thanks so much for taking time out of your busy schedule to make this event happen! This has been fun and informative!

Can we expect you to come back for another AMA in the future?

2 Likes

I’m sure you’ve got a few other people that deserve their turns, but when it comes back around you know that I will definitely be here again!

3 Likes

Joel,

We at CO2 GRO Inc. would be interested in seeing how our dissolving of CO2 gas into water at a molecular level for enhancing cannabis growth can also enhance your input/nutrient methodologies growing cannabis. Sam at 416-315-7477.

2 Likes