AMA With John Archibald, CEO and Director of CO2 GRO

You are absolutely right Glenn.

2 Likes

Jurassic buds on the way!

2 Likes

Bryan,
I have been hoping for the same thing. Perhaps a system to infuse o2 into the water for hydroponics while misting to upper part of the plants with co2.
Maximum Potential Growth MPG system !

3 Likes

Our guess is probably not re relative humidity. Our targeted dissolved CO2 spray is independent of atmospheric water.

4 Likes

I like the idea! Would make an amazing flush periodically! Especially on the off days where a grower might not be feeding nutrients. Happy, well-stimulated roots!

1 Like

I want to see the MPG!!

Based on our reading of Jurassic era scientist - we were at 2000 PPM when there was no ice or snow io the planet with 90 degree temperatures at the poles.

3 Likes

Could you elaborate please?

2 Likes

What about Ph levels? How do you adjust for varying light and temperatures, to avoid excessive CO2?

2 Likes

I want to see a huge version of this guy. Super friendly colorful lizards down on the ranch. I bet they would LOVE dissolved CO2!

Can the CO2 make these bigger?

3 Likes

Pitter Patter time to get at 'er!

2 Likes

Of course, this topic is occuring “in a vacuum” and doesn’t take into account all of the other factors and inputs involved in proper crop production. The best analogy I can think of is a bodybuilder taking steroids. Yeah, he’ll get big, but without proper nutrition, recovery, supplements, he’ll have problems competing.

How have you incorporated this holistically into the plant growth cycle? Or, how do you recommend adjustments to the other inputs when using this?

3 Likes

Typically with dissolved CO2 water we have been misting on plant leaf cuticles, the CO2 on the plant leaf surface is absorbed or comes out of water in 90 seconds. Therefore PH balance rebounds.

RE light and temperatures, with excessive CO2 gas there are risks to plant health. We can adjust the frequency of spray and the degree of CO2 saturation in the water to accommodate any temperature or light to CO2 balance to maximize plant growth.

4 Likes

With your suggested application rates, have you ever seen instances of outbreaks of powdery mildew or botrytis?

1 Like

At what pH range does the spray sit at the time of application, prior to the pH stabilization?

I specifically ask this because if it’s coming out at a higher pH range (above 9), it could have a fantastic fungicidal effect.

1 Like

We press released this AM our first dissolved CO2 cannabis trials with both bud data and quality.

We achieved 45% more bud value versus buds grown without CO2 indoors. We will have more cannabis trial results press released shortly as we are public (GROW.TSXV). We anticipate potentially similar results in outdoor cannabis trials.

3 Likes

Anything comparative with traditional CO2 saturation rates?

2 Likes

Glen,
I believe there will need to be changes in some production techniques. These changes are generally made at the grower level in their daily evaluations on what the crop is telling them.
An increase in nutritional requirements would be expected with expected. as would larger fan leaves, this might mean more pruning but the plant may be able to carry less leaves and still grow at the same rate, increasing both light levels and air flow into the canopy.

4 Likes

It will not come out above 9. It will be 5ish going to 7ish depending on hardness of water etc. The rapid change in PH should play hell with bacteria and fungi. Antimicrobial and antifungal work at St Cloud State U will be underway shortly for us.

5 Likes

How do you define “bud value?”

3 Likes