AMA With Mike Ballard and Kyle Broge from Key To Life

Using any sort of mixed spectrum that gets you closer to TRUE full spectrum will help with this problem!!

3 Likes

Of course, no worries. Currently we use House and Garden nutes, 80% perlite/20% coco. Nanolux DE HPS 1000w fixtures, air cooled. Day temps 75 night temps 68, RH 50-53%. We follow the H&G feeding schedule, with a couple substitutions and additions, reservoirs changed weekly, on RO water, aerated tanks. My big grow has 160 2 gallon pots per garden, flood and drain, watering 3 to 4 times a day off a 300 gallon reservoir.

2 Likes

Lazyman, feel free to message me and we can set up a consulting call for you too.

2 Likes

Just wanted to give you a huge shout out for being one of our amazing sponsors of Canna Cribs Episode 3 at Copperstate Farms in Snowflake, Arizona. @Jacob loves Key To Life, it was definitely made apparent in the episode. Looking forward to showing off your products to millions of cannabis enthusiasts around the world through our newest episode launching on the High Times TV platform.

3 Likes

Yes, thanks for the shout out Nick! Copperstate and @jacob are loving our Silver Bullet micronized sulphur! #powdertothepeople!

4 Likes

The KTL molasses is NOT what you are used to with typical liquid-based thick as hell molasses. All of their products are made with fertigation and drip irrigation in mind. Unfortunately, we haven’t finished our drip system, so I can’t comment there, but the mix is not syrupy in the least bit. And definitely not the molasses. The surface tension of the molasses is easily broken and it mixes in 100%. We pump through garden hoses with no issues at all from the fertilizer mixture and I use 5 or 6 of their amendments on a daily basis.

5 Likes

Thanks @strictlygateway can you talk about the other KTL products you’re using?

3 Likes

Key to Life has spent years fixing this issue. Organics “by definition” do NOT mean that you have material floating around. This means that the “organic” product you are using is not fully soluble and therefore not meant to be emitted by slow-drip emitters or dosing systems, and DEFINITELY not meant to be used in stagnant reservoirs. Key to Life products are micronized powders that are produced through a -350 micron mesh, meaning they are 350x smaller that even the smallest emitters on the market at one micron.

This is the problem with our industry and quite frankly the most frustrating part of my job. People are convinced that organics are basically this: slow-acting, non-soluble, slimy, gunky products that are not meant for the hydroponics industry. This is ONE BILLION PERCENT INCORRECT!!! Organics have been the way the PLANET has worked ever since it’s origin. Understanding how they work, the mechanisms by which they work, and the proper way to implement them is extremely important. We can use things like active microbes, high strength (plant-based) humic and fulvic acids, mycorrizal fungi, and other organic inputs to create a system in which nutrients are immediately available, but do NOT kill the soil and destroy our planet in the process. Don’t be a “lazy grower” and keep dumping plastic bottles full of watered down, cartoon riddled, misinformed, synthetic, dead, petroleum-derived down the drain in into our landfills. Let’s do this the right way, let’s do this the smart way, let’s utilize the tools nature has given us and make a change we can all be proud of.

5 Likes

you’re using H&G and saying this is organic?

2 Likes

Thank you Nick!! We love those guys!! Two million square feet of greenhouse done RIGHT!!!

4 Likes

I am asking what you used in you organic grow that caused all of these problems

2 Likes

Sure Mike, (it’s phillip from L’eagle). We use boost, uptake, and molasses on a daily basis; revitalize daily until mid-flower. Microbes/fungi once a week for now. I use silica sporadically, that is the one product that is difficult to fully mix in the res, so we mix it in our soil with the fungi as well. Silver bullet is good on foliar, but I will also mix it in because I love sulfur in the mix. Once a week foliar with the KTL foliar to boot. Best yields and quality I’ve ever had.

5 Likes

But could their system be scaled up to the commercial scale? :joy:

2 Likes

hey Phillip! thanks for being a satisfied large commercial scale customer!

5 Likes

No we don’t consider H&G organic, I’ve been a commercial grower for 20 years. We’re not in soil so there’s no soil to cultivate living microbes in. In the past we’ve tried the GH Floranova series and the Technaflora series with generally poor results.

I’m also curious as to how light spectrum affects nutrient behavior inside reservoirs.

2 Likes

GH uses the cheapest inputs they can possibly get their hands on, water them down as much as possible, put food coloring and colorful labels on and sell it for dirt cheap. This is why you got poor results with that product.

Technaflora is just simply an expensive product with medium-high level synthetic inputs. This is why you got poor results with that product.

I would recommend dipping your toe in that water by simply doing a google scholar search on the subject of “photo-activation of microbial populations”. It would simply take too long for me to explain it

3 Likes

Thanks Kyle and everyone for your participation!

3 Likes

I hope it is not late to ask questions. I have a few questions.
1- What do you recommend for adjusting the soil’s pH, when it is too alkaline?
2- What you recommend when you have P deficiency? I know it correlates to alkaline pH.
Many thanks, in advance!

3 Likes

Looks like this AMA has winded down. Feel free to visit the KTL Vendor Corner to continue to ask @mike4 and @kyle your questions. Guys, thanks for your time and insight in yet another gripping GNET AMA.

2 Likes

Hell yeah we’re loving it! Huge props to @mike4 , Tate and everyone over at KTL for getting us hooked up with such a great product line. Cant wait for the episode to drop so we can get more people seeing the benefits!

4 Likes