AMA with Peter Louw from P&L Grow Systems

That is precisely what theController does with data gathered from theMinder unit sensors. You tell the platform what you have connected to the controller and what the parameters are that it needs to operate within.

So if you tell it when it gets above a certain temperature to either vent or turn on an AC unit it will do so till the temperature is back in range. This also works for humidifiers and dehumidifiers (we can dynamically alter what the parameters are based on other inputs), so you can make a $50 humidifier behave like a $500 humidifier in so much that it now turns off when the target humidity is reached rather than just running till the water runs out.

1 Like

That’s a cool way to use the internet of things to control the functionality of devices within your cultivation environment!

It sounds expensive! What’s the price like on theMinder and theController?

1 Like

Ah yes the million dollar question, thankfully neither are no where near a million dollars :slight_smile:

theMinder retails in the UK for £99.95 which is around $130.00 USD
theController will be retailing in the UK for between £400 and £450 which is $520 to $585 per unit which can controller up to 4 devices.

Multiple Minder units can be linked to a single Controller and also the reverse.

With theMinder for that one time price you get (there are no monthly subscription fees for the below):

• Current data which includes calculated VPD
  • up to 7 days of historical data in chart format
  • Max/Min/Avg for Temperature, Humidity and VPD over the past 24 hours
  • Alerts which you can set the parameters for, covers temperature and humidity readings.

We offer additional data subscription packages for those looking for more data, we also have additional analytics and white label service.

2 Likes

If there were a hardware failure would this product send an alert or say if the condenser on the AC freezes can you set up a plan B like dimming lights or open vents.

1 Like

Wow! That’s actually very reasonable compared with pretty much every environmental controller on today’s market. I think I’m about 2 grand into my iPonic system alone! And Link4 only has 1 sensor module! Your system would allow me to have several sensors in the grow space, corrrect?

1 Like

That is an interesting question and thanks for asking it.

If you also had a venting fan attached to the controller along with the AC unit, you could set a higher temperature threshold for the venting fan to kick in at, so if the AC unit failed or was not able to cope with the temperature and your defined upper threshold is breached the venting fan would start up and start venting.

The alters give the ability intervene sooner rather than later so as to prevent a minor issue turning into a costly disaster.

1 Like

100% correct you can have as many sensors as you like in your grow space, there is no theoretical limit on the number of sensors you can have, the beauty of the system is that each sensor or controller connects independently to your wifi network without the need for a central hub unit. So actually the limit is down to the number of devices your wifi access point is able to support, roughly around the 250 mark per access point.

1 Like

@PLGrowSystems where do you think the future of the cannabis industry is heading?

1 Like

From this side of the pond it is very interesting to watch what is going on, the UK government is very reluctant to make any moves although public pressure is mounting and there have been some high profile media cases for the use of Medicinal cannabis. In the UK I think we are likely to see some fundamental shifts taking place within 5 years, it might be the one silver lining of the Brexit cloud (the need to fill the tax gaps).

We are going to see more acceptance of cannabis derived medicines and treatments as research restrictions are lifted and the stigma starts to fall away. We have seen a number of programs on TV in the UK over the past year which have a definite pro cannabis slant and using well known household celebrity names in the shows to give it that level of credibility with the public.

The jig as they say it up in terms of the propaganda that has been fed to the masses over the years.

2 Likes

Hopefully the paradigm shift happens fast on your side of the Atlantic. I certainly hope the citizens of the UK are able to more readily access safe cannabis supplies in the very near future; and, consequently, you can access a market of cultivators looking to install your hardware and integrate your software into their grows.

Pete and Lee, thanks for making time in your evening to participate in this AMA.

I’m looking forward to testing out your systems. GNET, stand by for a synopsis. Thanks to everyone who contributed today!

1 Like

Thanks to everyone for taking part, it has been really good to engage with the community and we are certainly appreciative of this opportunity.

We would like to remind everyone that we have a discount code for members of The Growers Network, the coupon code is TGN and will get you 10% of at checkout on our website https://plgrow.systems

Please feel free to reach out via DM or email either of us at:
peter@plgrow.systems or lee@plgrow.systems

Once again thank you to all for your time.

Pete and Lee

3 Likes

My question would be, what is available for remote monitoring and automation, can we talk more about how we can work together

4 Likes

Jay,

We’d be happy to have a call to discuss what is available and what we can do together.

Pete

2 Likes

I am travelling to Canada soon and will be around the states so happy to meet as well

1 Like

Jay,

We are based in the UK :wink: so it will need to be via Google Meeting, WhatsApp or Facebook.

Pete

2 Likes

Awesome, I’ll be in :black_flag:󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 Wales first visiting the grandparents, I’ll be in London for a day or two. My whatsApp number is below

Jay Hohaia-Portelli

Executive Director
Completely Green Limited NZ
+64272254158 whatsapp

1 Like