🍃 AMA With Sam Kanes from CO2 GRO Inc.Weds February 13th 11 AM PST

We are fully automating our commercial installations of CO2 Foliar Spray Systems with appropriate overhead misters or pop-up sprinklers that best fit our customer’s facilities.

1 Like

Today’s AMA is off and running! I would like to invite our whole @memberdirectory to jump in and ask your burning questions about dissolved CO2 and foliar applications.

C’mon over and join the party! :evergreen_tree:

Can you share a bit more about this automation process? Do you have pics or visuals?

Any unused CO2 from the very thin mists we use several times per hour that are not absorbed by plant leaf surface areas or miss the leaf canopy when applied will quickly evaporate back into the air. It will also dilute out with rainfall. Nature ALWAYS wants to balance CO2 levels between air’s CO2 concentration of 400 PPM and water’s dissolved concentration (typically below 50PPM depending on water hardness) so our CO2 concentration would dissipate to Nature’s average.

1 Like

This is a typical trial on flowers (42,000) using a one tonne tote with our CO2 dissolving technology interconnected to a CO2 gas source. Otherwise basic pop-up Netafim clover head sprinklers with adjusted sprinkler heads.

1 Like

RE producing, we use sub-2 micron microporous hollow fibre patented for the purpose of dissolving CO2 for enhancing plant growth. We own this exclusive license in perpetuity.

1 Like

Are you finding any competitors entering the market offering substandard knock offs of your product?

Have any of our forum @growopowners, @GrowOpEmployees, or @mastergrowers tried your product yet?

Not as yet that we have seen commercially. We are PCT patent pending since mid-2018. We are fast tracking our US PTO application for a Method of Use patent for any and all methods of dissolved CO2 gas for any and all methods of applying dissolved CO2 onto plants.

1 Like

Interesting! How has that process been for you?

Yes - several.

1 Like

How has the feedback been?

Our previous CEO was a patent attorney so we are comfortable with our patent attorneys. It is what it is re timing and process. The best most effective patents are the simplest. We believe ours is. We liken our breakthrough aha after 18 years of accelerating bacteria, algae, fish fry growth etc. that it also works above ground on plants. A similar simple patent would be Velcro where a Swiss hunter went into a bush for a bird, came out with burrs, thought about it and patented the idea of creating barb like nylon to mimic natural burrs.

1 Like

Excellent. One liked it so much he joined us full time to speed US Midwest penetration of our CO2 Foliar Spray Systems.

1 Like

Wow that’s fantastic! Certainly that’s testament to the efficacy of the CO2 Gro product!

Was nature your inspiration for product development?

Yes. Dr. Matt Julius has been with us since 2012. He is an avid plant scientist for 20 years focusing on mostly algae. He is “bio-inspired for creating sustainable bio-derived products”. So am I. I sit on the Bioindustrial Innovations Canada Board. Our first “plant” focus was algae. Why algae? It is the most photosynthetic species consuming CO2 on the planet. We proved since 2008 we can triple-to-quadruple algae’s growth rate consuming dissolved CO2 which was the basis for our IPO of CO2 GRO (GROW.TSXV, BLONG.OTCQB) in 2012. Matt was instrumental in our early algae work. He has joined us for his entire 2019 nine month Sabattical.

1 Like

Fascinating!

It’s interesting that you mention algae. With a little help from genetic modification, scientists have actually managed to grow THC using algae. The beauty of this process is it takes only a few days to populate billions of THC molecules in the biomass. Many of us in the cannabis community believe this will bring forth the age where we no longer even need to grow cannabis plants anymore. I would be interested to know what you and Dr. Julius think about that? Are there promising applications for your product in algae growth and accelerated THC production?

Great observation and question about the future through growing micro-organisms (carriers). Matt is back in front of biology students now at St. Cloud State U. He is working on algae applications such as bone graft algae material and other medical algae applications. I will get back with a fuller answer.

1 Like

Sweet, thanks! I’ll be looking forward to that response!