šŸƒ AMA With Snowden Bishop of "The Cannabis Reporter" Weds, January 9th 2019 11 AM PST

PS: Just saw this:

Thank you for mentioning this, Nick. Any introductions to the above wish list would be appreciated. Iā€™m also open to other guest suggestions and story submissions from members of the GN community who have a compelling topic or industry news that would be a good fit for editorial coverage on the show. I thought Iā€™d also mention that we recently started offering Pro Series interviews. While these are sponsored 15- or 30-minute podcasts, the advantage is that they allow immersive company promotion during the interview whereas editorial interviews donā€™t. Pro Series interviews are also distributed to all of the same online networks like iTunes, iHeart, etc. and archived with radio episodes on our website. Weā€™d be happy to offer GN members a steep discount on Pro Series interviews. Feel free to contact me about this if youā€™d like to receive a media kit.

4 Likes

@memberdirectory: please feel free to reach out to @TheCannabisReporter to lend a helping hand

4 Likes

In response to your question,

I said Iā€™d try to find the article I mentioned regarding advice for women entering a similar career path. I finally found the link, better late than never! Since there were 19 of us profiled, you have to scroll down about mid-way through the article to find mine. My responses were generally for journalists but pertain to anyone hoping to work in cannabis media.

https://medium.com/thrive-global/19-journalists-share-their-top-suggestions-to-succeed-as-a-woman-in-journalism-d8f541cfd17a?fbclid=IwAR2jNViMWIMiAE-UXqLQd3neFBBJhR6J_pfxWpS32-9E0cIh_u1gVeq-ME8

5 Likes

Very cool article! Thanks for including that link. Your suggestions are still very relevant to the question. Her responses are toward the bottom of the page but itā€™s definitely worth the read. Thanks so much.

4 Likes

We are so inspired by you @TheCannabisReporter here at @DryGair Gair!
Thank you for coming up with ā€œWomen in Cannabisā€ Series and all of the other educational activities youā€™re leading.

4 Likes

Rona,

That is a great quote. Floricultue is so much better with woman in senior position across the industry. Anna Ball is a great example. Her uncle Geo ā€œVicā€ Ball said that Ball seed could be on no better hands than Anna. That was 30 years ago and it is still true.

I believe that Ms. Ball, still give a seminar on women in leadership in floricultue. It was a for woman to network and mentor. She concentration on work life balance.

Vic Ball, use to give free admission to the big winter conference for any floricultue student who sent a letter on department stationary. I went to the Chicago show year one. Fifty collage students and about 1000 industry people. The collage students about half woman. They even had a special lunch for us day one, with a keynote by Vic and Anna. Every table had 5 or 6 students and 2 or three industry people. The students were the focus that hour. We got full badges for the show and a special hotel rate for a less expensive hotel a couple blocks away.

Woman in floricultue have made a positive impact on my knowledge as a grower and people manager.

From the voices in my head
Ethan

3 Likes

Hello @DryGair! Thank you, we appreciate your support! We love empowering women in this industry and will continue to do so. :slightly_smiling_face:

TCR

2 Likes