And they wonder why black market is still strong

Tax tax tax till you can’t tax anymore! Lol

2 Likes

There are 2 cities surrounding me a total of 2 brick and mortar shops in a 30 mile radius… The rest of the cities have banned dispensary storefronts… Micro businesses that are delivery only are doing pretty well if you can find a decent one with quality product

Yes I can confirm this. LA county which is where I live. More specifically Los Angeles city proper is where I reside. Most of you might not onow. The actual city of Los Angeles is very small. It is surrounded by municipalities. That turn this city intona massive expanse. The city of LA is kinda the governing center for the greater LA metropolis area. ( Just some info about LA.
So They (LA city council, mayor , etc) decided that they would leave the decision up to each township to decide yes or no.
A staggering 85% said no. In the places that allow shops, have to add a huge 54% tax on top.

Now I don’t know about you. But dispensary priced smoke is super expensive. I also tend to smoke just over a QP by myself.
Typically an oz of good/top/A++ smoke will set you back $250-350/+
I prefer to buy QPs not ounces. Well when I need to pick up smoke. Sometimes I’m out as I’m breeding seeds nine months a year.
I Can’t afford that kinda prices, so I’m going to call a guy. And I’ll get a QP of the same if not usually better grade flower.
That’s part of the reason why though.

They have also screwed these dispensaries by taxing them on everrrry thing and anything. Which forces them to charge the customer more.

The supplier grower get screwed by the tax rachet aswell forcing most out of business.

Then enter the investment weed companies. All money, never had soil under their nails. Don’t know the first thing about growing. Just the cash. Cash croppers these guys out out the majority of smoke being produced and sold to dispensaries.

The recreational user who knows no better thinks it’s the best stuff. Hell they happily pay the price. Thinking they have the cronic. They contribute to the problem, even if unintentionally. The quality of these products are not even close to what’s available on the BM.

These are just part of a screwed up system

2 Likes

Exactly!!!.. We have counties here in California made up of certain Townes roughly around 300,000 people or more who don’t go to meetings to voice there opinions (I am guilty but have already started looking in rancho Cucamonga/Ontario)… Therfor the politicians that are still afraid of the change are making the town’s laws even tho it is state recognized… the greedy pigs that try to corporate and invest didn’t think about this… They just thought the masses would buy into it no problem but people know people… I’ve introduced quality product to over a dozen new smokers who now try it because of legalization but why won’t they go to a shop it’s overpriced but not their fault by any means they’re just taxed up the ass and trying to survive not flourishing like they should… Little did the money grubbers know there’s people in this industry they’ll never know yet have more power then they ever will ever have with taxes and law’s

3 Likes

Wow ive been wondering about this. Because they were talking about the black market in california has already eclipsed the legal side. And im the same here i literally just got a qp because i dont like to buy oz’s. I pay 6 bills for commercial. If it’s fire then $700-800 but thats overpriced really. But hey once in a while i try new stuff like runtz! Lol and surprise magic beans! Amazing how stupid california law makers are. They do the same for business sales tax there. Cost to operate burgerking busines tax 26 million a year! Same tax in canada 6 million. Guess where burgerking is now based? And many other businesses. Idiots like hilary clinton.
Ha the marijuana permit to grow weed for the dispensaries is $100k a year that fucking insane!
Thats $293.67 per day tax at 365 days. No way to offset that kind of tax. After overhead and if your lucky you make around $23 profit per 1/8 so 100 of those is $230 man they make it tough here in utah to even supply a dispensary and they have to by law have product in 2020.

2 Likes

They did it to themselves bro… They thought throwing some money (investing) at a shitty ass grow would prosper… Goes to show people with money to burn aren’t smarter than the little guys… Just be thankful you know who you know… If done right you guys will be pioneers in your state :wink::+1::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

2 Likes

Lol my friend just brought me some BULLSHIT…OBAMA STRAIN??? Wtf? Lol no fucking way! Ha ha ha ha haaaaaaha

2 Likes

Ohh and my weed is wayyy better! Ha. I got some purple candy and some obama lol bullshit. And now i forget whats the 3rd one. Fucking obama ha ha ha ah lolllll fotflmao!

1 Like

Its probably just poorly grown if is a true Obama strain it has many pain relieving affects… The name is laaaammmeee as fuck but honestly not a bad strain… I remember Obama was the shit about 10 years ago… Sounds ironic doesn’t it :rofl:

3 Likes

It’s actually pretty good. Buttery flavor

2 Likes

Sorry just hate obama

1 Like

Its just name that mother fucker did me wrong too with his bullshit but it’s a nice indica dominant strain…it could be Osama bin laden :rofl:…it’s the genetics and grower that matter :call_me_hand::seedling::herb::palm_tree:

1 Like

Lol my wife says its just fucking weed. She laughs everytime she hears a new name.

1 Like

Exactly and go with that bro… Educate her show her the love you have for it… My wife hated me growing at first but now she sees the science and supports me

It’s not just weed.

2 Likes

Exactly its way more than that. I try to explain that to people and my wife. Some people are just stubborn. I have always been drawn to it the second it touched my lips. I am so happy i started growing again i forgot how i missed it so. Its funny i was down stairs with with my wife in the garden and she was laughing and i said what. And we were talking about how my dead dad was up in heaven laughing because he was helping me grow the “weed” and said what do you mean. And she said those pots you chose to plant the weed in like out of like 59 pots are your fathers 3. Almost made me cry and then she said the green water can you use is also dads. And then i laughed and we both cried. Miss you dad.

1 Like

Intuition my friend… There’s so much natural energy people neglect to see

1 Like