Any Michigan growers

Snowing here in okc

1 Like

U can have that

1 Like

I dont want your snow. You would laugh at this.

Oh and the drivers. No snow driving makes them so bad.

Quit hitting your effing brakes on the bridge idiots!!!

2 Likes

Well I did recommend it going that way :rofl:

1 Like

Yeah itā€™s like when Florida gets one inch of snow wanna shut the state down lol

1 Like

Yeah. It got a bit more this round. But still, they donā€™t know what to do. Lol. Thats really why I stay in. Its safer. Ha

1 Like

Glad your able too I need a blizzard before I can get off

1 Like

You get blizzards. Those terrify me. I can rock a hurricane. No snow traps for me.

1 Like

I watched a video of simis driving thru the snow. Like itā€™s a cave. Nope. Lol. Totally covered the semis.

2 Likes

I know this is an old thread, but what the hell.

As far as the snow, I trying to keep it frosty in my grow rooms as often as possible.

When itā€™s cold outside my ac systems donā€™t need to work near as hard, crops are always yield better for me in the winter. In the mean time I try to go outside as little as possible when itā€™s cold.

Here are few pics into my deep water culture experiments:

Under 28k watts we have 3 six packs in 72 gal rez per plant, for a total of 18 plants.

deep_water_plants

The plants in the first pic are different sizes because they are different strains. Once dialed in I was pulling 2.5 to 3.5 per plant. But overall the yields were not what I expected. Tore them apart, replaced each single giant plant with 4 plants, in coco, with a drip system and doubled my yield. Hard decisions ā€œsometimesā€ pay off.

deep_water_72s

I grow, but as Iā€™ve said before Iā€™m trying to connect with as many Michigan growers as possible. Iā€™m putting a service together. Even if you are not there right now, feel free to reach out, I love to talk grow shop and I help others, all I had in was forums and trial and error, which was a pain in the ass.

These were grown in Ottawa Lake MI, currently in Lansing MI.

UP

6 Likes

Go blue :facepunch:t2:
10ā€™ ceilings? :roll_eyes:

Mr.Blue,

Iā€™d say yea 10ā€™ to the top of where we built out the wooden structure. That was built inside and old golf retreat pool house. The place was built next to a golf course for golfers, it was like a compound and every house there was converted into a grow. Pool was filled in with concrete. I built another room like it with walls for better reflectivity, and there was room for two more rooms. Current at my new location the ceilings are 12 foot, they can be double edged sword though. Got to hall around a big ass ladder to change bulbs and clean out filters in my split units. Iā€™m sure if the LEDā€™s need to be raised or lowered, but Iā€™m hoping they are set and forget for the most part.

3 Likes

Hey , Michigan grower here. You have some very nice looking plants! Looks like a perfect grow building! Great job!
Outdoor grower, mostly. I have to deal with Mother Nature, good and bad.
Welcome! :green_heart::v:

3 Likes

Bobette,

More than pleased to meet you. Appreciate the compliments. Growing outside is just about the only thing I havenā€™t done. Iā€™ve dreamed of greenhouses, that let the sun in but everything else is similar to inside. Hah not likely right! Maybe light dep canopy and some new LEDā€™S to extend the days with. They donā€™t burn bright so ever better right.

I just love how big the plants get outside. Outside I donā€™t know much with regard to the quality flower, but I could get real creative with all those trichomes.

4 Likes

How many splits it taking you for that building?

1 Like

question for michigan growers: if you have a 4x8 tent in an unheated/uninsulated garage, is a couple of CMHā€™s enough to make them grow through the winter, heatwise? or would i need to supplement the heat with another source? thanks!

1 Like

Never have done it, but I would think it would be too cold.
If it was insulated and raised off the floor , maybe. But to keep your Temps up in our cold winter might be toughā€¦:woman_shrugging: JMO
Good luck with whatever you doā€¦:v::green_heart:

3 Likes

That is an old grow, my first dwc setup. Honestly I forget how much ac but to date it was the best because it came with big commercial units. I only had to buy another one. As soon as I can im getting away from split units. Nice for startup but not the best solution overall. My current pole barn setup, 2 rooms with 18k watts each has 3 split units in each. Still have heat issues and heat pumps never really worked for me. Im growing tired of them.

1 Like

You may want to invest in a few oil heaters from home depot and some day/night boxes. You can set the proper temp for day and night, and they only kick on when the temp drops below your desired settings. Or just buy the heaters and set and forget them. Doesnā€™t sound like the ideal grow environment but sometimes we do what we have to get started. Donā€™t sound like you got much to lose by trying. Good luck.

1 Like