Anyone know what’s wrong?

Hey all! I was wondering if you might be able to tell me where I’m going wrong with my plant. It’s about 7 weeks old and is supposedly an autoflower. Here’s some pics I just took today. I’m concerned because the leaves are droopy and not raised up towards the light. Is this normal? I’ve been dealing with overwater issues and pot issues from the start but I thought I fixed it. :frowning: Any advice would be super appreciated.

temp has been staying around 79 degrees and RH is at 65%. I have been giving it 1-2 quarts of water every 4 days or so.

1 Like

I was meaning the slotted plastic grate thing they are sitting on, not the saucers

Oh! Haha. Sorry! Lolz. It’s a shelf piece to a build able shelf thingy that we have in the basement. So I can add legs and shelves to it and turn it into a table or shelf or whatever. I think you can still buy them at Lowe’s, but it’s really old so I’m not sure. Long story short it’s junk laying around my house I’ve put to second use. Lolz. I’m using it to keep the roots from being on the cold concrete.

3 Likes

@katmwall, you have already said you had over-watering issues and sorry to go against your advice @lacombe82. But your droopin leaves is a sign of over watering and seems like you also having a nitrogen deficiency looking at your leaves. Depending on how over watered and how long the roots were saturated for, that may have caused further issues. Also check your drainage and make sure the roots are not still saturated at the bottom of the pot.

The leaves would curl upwards, as they naturally try and reduce the evaporation and surface area of the leaves.

Great advice.

1 Like

See like is said I would not take my word for it. All plants are different. I just know about most of my plant lack of water make the leaves droop do to the fact that the plant Is pulling all the water that it has reserved in the leaves back to the vital areas of the plant. Over heating yes the leaves would curl up words more often then not. Also I was going to say by the looks of the leaves color it has a nutrition def. but then I didn’t know if it was a stain thing to have that color leaves. @katmwall are the leaves firm or more brittle is a way to tell if you are under or over watering. If firm it’s over water if more life less and brittle it’s under watering. Also you said you water them every four days or so with 2 quarts of water. It could be that you are letting them dry out and then watering them to much at one time. You should check your soil if it feels damp let them be if it’s dry water just enough to soak the top level so it seeps down slowly. The soil at that temp should dry out daily meaning you should be watering daily. Now if your soil got to dried out then the probability that it has hardened is high. Some times you need to go back in and brake it up so the water can seep in and not just flow around the soil.

2 Likes

It’s a fabric pot. How would I check my drainage? Should I pull it out of the pot and check the roots or would that be like a huge no no?

So I’m new to the growers network and new to growing cannabis. But I have a lot of knowledge of other plants. Dropping leaves usually means lack of water or over heating. But it could always mean something else. So I would not take my word on it. Check the soil about two inches down.

1 Like

Are they getting any kind of food/nutrients, or just straight water?

1 Like

It’s getting a mix of FloraNova bloom, FloraNova grow, and CalMag right now. It has 2.5mL of the FloraNova each per gallon and 2mL of CalMag

1 Like

The leaves aren’t super hard or soft. They are just kinda hanging. They aren’t as hard as they were when I was definitely over watering but I wouldn’t say they are brittle.

1 Like

Can you pull back about an inch or two of soil and take a pic of it?

2 Likes

They look pretty over-watered and could also be a ph issue. Do you know what your ph is?

3 Likes

6.3 when I made it.

1 Like

I can’t take a pic of the soil right now but I can when I get back home @lacombe82

1 Like

Try running your ph between 5.8 and 6.0

1 Like

Question for everyone: how do I get my plant to recover from being overwatered? I can’t let it dry out completely… it would die. I guess I just don’t know how to get it to recover without continuing to add to the overwatering problem. :tired_face:

Breathe… It isn’t on fire and isn’t actively coding so you can reset and work the problem. There is help to be found on this forum so you are not alone. I am new to all of this to and I get nervous when I do something that could cause a catastrophe but if I do…it’s a plant. If everything I do fails it will still be a tremendous learning experience. Courage!

5 Likes

In relation to ‘how to know if the water is still affecting botom of the pot’ just get a knife and stab at the base level. if moisture comes out put several more holes around base. depending on your temperatures just stop watering for a couple of days and keep an eye on it

2 Likes

You would be surprised how your plant can bounce back when you skip a few watering cycles i mistakenly let my plants go to the point they looked sad and droopy from lack of water… I got back did my nute mix and watered them all like normal and in about 2 hours they were reaching for the light again… So im not saying it is an overwatering issue but if it is you can let them dry to the point its droopy and start your watering schedule again… Also do you use michrozae?? I use the great white brand it works wonders for your root structure

1 Like

I haven’t used microrozae yet but I will definitely look into it! I have been a bit shy with nutrients because I don’t want to burn my plant. I have heard good things about great white. I will put in an order right away. Does it come with instructions?

1 Like