Anyone know what’s wrong?

She sprouted out of the ground 7 weeks ago. I’m Still confused at how to age marijuana plants. I don’t know if she’s flowering yet or not. Her main cola looks like it might be but that’s about it. It might be a photo plant… it is bag seed so it’s not the best genetics and I don’t know if the dispensary understood my question when I called and asked if it was auto or photo because I thought she should be flowering by now too.

A bag seed? That’s a photo plant.

Ok so. You will have to flip her to get her to flower. What you are seeing is preflower. Just means u have a she. That’s a good thing. A bag seed from the dispensary is probably a good seed and probably a stress hermie. Not a bad thing for a beginner.

A stress hermie coming from a female plant will b a female seed but will carry the hermie traits. So watch her closely in flower to start to seed up. Was the bud full of seeds or you just found that one?

If the smoke is just for u some people like a strain so much they don’t care if it has a few seeds. We have a strain we know hermies at 9 weeks in flower religiously but the smoke is insane and the smell and taste are out of this world so we grow it anyway and keep it for ourself. We just know to watch it and chop as soon as we see the first one.

1 Like

It only had the one seed. I found 2 bag seeds (from different strains) in the same week but never have found any since or before. Happy to hear that it’s not a bad thing she hermied and that’s how I got the seed. I figured she did. It’s something I’m watching carefully and I’m trying to plan for (like I want to make a baffle box). Can I keep her in the veg stage longer or should I flip her to flower now? I was hoping she would get a little bigger. Lolz

1 Like

She’s a photo. You’re in complete control when you flip her to flower. Just remember she will stretch when you flip her.

1 Like

I’ve got plenty of space for her to grow up. It’s in a 7 foot high grow tent and rn she’s only a couple of feet tall. She is a Sativa hybrid and I’ve heard they grow slower so do you think keeping her in veg a little longer would be good? How much do they usually stretch when flowering? Inches? Feet? Multiple feet? I just want to make sure she has the space she needs. :blush:

1 Like

That plant is a couple of feet tall? She could double her height. B prepared. Pictures are deceiving. Did u say the soil was damp? My plants at that stage and size have to b watered almost daily in fabric pots. With the veins in the leaves being so pronounced I would almost guess she’s thirsty. But not if your soil was damp.

1 Like

It wasn’t like wet to the touch and the first inch is definitely dry. I watered her less than I usually do this last time so maybe she is thirsty. I’m going to see if I can get some good photos to show how much space I Have and how big she is currently.

You should b feeding at full strength at her age. But I don’t see signs of any deficiencies. I firmly believe in pushing my plants to the max.

When you do decide to flip she will become very thirsty and you will need to water much more often than in veg. And when she’s almost ready to chop she will slow down drinking. You can tell the stage of the plant by their intake.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure if I had to taper her up on nutrients to avoid burn. So I can just give her full strength nutrients and she will be fine?

total height she has to grow is abot 5 foot 4 inches because of the inline fan. Which gives her maybe 3 feet of space to grow during flower. Is that enough?

Yes u can just feed her full strength. She will live u for it.

1 Like

From the top of the canopy, the light needs to sit from 18 to 24 inches above.

1 Like

I’ll give raising the light a try!

1 Like

The light is now 18 inches above my girl

1 Like

Do you have a par meter?

No. What is a par meter? (Still very new to growing)

You can get all kinds but this makes a good intro tool. This tests ph,light,and moisture. Dont leave them in the soil and clean each use with dawn.

1 Like

The par will show you where your light is best.

You will have 3 different areas (color coated) on the tool to see the different settings.

1 Like
2 Likes