Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Anyone know what’s wrong?

Ok not to step on anyone’s toes but IMO if you are new to growing the last thing u need is a par meter.

Starting growing can b expensive enough and there are plenty of other things to spend money on. Unless your resources are unlimited I would not bother with a par meter. Here’s what you ask yourself, what will you do with the info it gives you? Will you choose to buy a different light? Will you move your plant 3 inches to the left? Does that make it worth the investment? Or could u put that money towards something like better air flow or better lighting or anything that will actually make a difference at the moment. Until you’ve reached a level to put to practice the info your collecting with a par meter it is a waste of money for a brand new grower. Again, this is just my opinion. Take it for what it’s worth.

2 Likes

I just went back and looked and what he linked u to is a PH meter and a bad one for cannabis. It says it has a light sensor on it for lux. Those meters are garbage. The nodes rust and don’t give accurate read outs. Sorry should have looked but I wouldn’t recommend either of them.

1 Like

Here to engage in a professional atmosphere

I dont wanna step on any toes and then talk shit about me.

8 buck to know how high to raise a light is not a waste of time. And as my text read, do not leave the nodes in the soil.

I’m blocking this rude person.

1 Like

Lol. Ive never been rude to anyone without cause. If u find someone having a difference of opinion to yours being rude then, I’ll take that title.

Oh well. I believe people should have lots of opinions to make up their own mind and now u do. Good luck with your grow.

2 Likes

3 inches to the left could be the best place for your plant . Bulbs do not spread light in a uniformed manner.

Guessing where the plant needs to be height wise can slow your progress. Each lights output is different. This gives you a gauge to see the best placement and height.

I grew with subpar lights at the beginning. It allowed me to utilize the light in the best way. I had to be closer than the 18. If your light is super awesome you might need to be higher. I was able to understand my lights better.

2 Likes
2 Likes

And btw

This is a par meter.

A decent one on the lower end of decent will cost over 100$. Which is why I gave u the opinion I did.

1 Like

You are correct of your opinion. Of the one word I misspoke. The remaining portion of all of the messages were still in reference to the 8 dollar tool that was pictured while you were making a misguided point. You are correct on the not needing a hundred dollar tool. Hence why I didn’t recommend one.

1 Like

I appreciate both opinion and really do want to hear all the opinions I can before making a decision as it could be something I haven’t thought of. I think lucky is just thirsty and dealing with nutrient deficiencies. Heres a pic of her today after I watered her last night.

I think a par meter might be helpful but I’m not funding this build, so it might have to wait a little bit. I’ll definitely get one at some point because i think it would be super useful to know where to put my light. I just don’t know if I can get it as well as everything I need for harvest and stuff to make compost tea. I’ll keep y’all updated on whether or not I can get one but as far as my plant goes how does she look now that she’s been watered with some full strength nutes? I’m wondering if I just need to water less amounts more often. Because when I let her dry out is when she gets droopy.

2 Likes

Woa, looking beautiful .

1 Like

Just download a lux meter app for your phone. No they are not 100% accurate, maybe not even 80% I don’t know, but they’ll give you the info you need without costing a cent, most phones now are capable of running the apps, I am assuming you have a cell phone, most people do

It does kind of look like you have the beginning of a nutrient deficiency going on, I’m not real great at diagnosing what’s out of whack but I would guess nitrogen or magnesium, notice how the leaves are two shades of green? They shouldn’t be that way

What’s that plastic tray you have under the plants? Looks useful

2 Likes

She looks awesome. Thirsty and hungry. She will start to perk up now. The meter on your phone will do the same thing as the one he posted above as far as where to place your light. If you want an actual par meter they are a bit more pricey but can b useful if your spending crazy money on lights or building them.

Congrats on getting her looking a lot better. Don’t b afraid to water her at about 1/2 gallon at a time at her size. She should b watered to run off to make sure all her roots are getting wet.

1 Like

It’s just a clear water tray you can get at Lowe’s. :smiley: I’ll try downloading the app! Thanks! Yeah. I might be making a compost tea for it soon to try and fix the imbalance. First I just need to get the stuff to make compost tea… :weary: lolz.

We use a similar style for the plants to sit on so the water can drain through.

1 Like

It’s smart! I might give her a little more water than the quart I have been giving her once every 4 days. You’re right. She’s probably ready for more. I’ll try to pay more attention to the leaves for when to water her. Thanks everyone for all the advice!! I’m going to give that par meter a try when I get home to see where her sweet spot is. :grin:

1 Like

They are plastic. I drilled holes in them for water. They work perfect until they are big enough for fabric pots. Lol.

1 Like

I love that all your plants are in popcorn containers. I think it’s cute and smart!

1 Like

They’ve since moved up

Usually depends on the room they are in but we just tore down completely to rebuild so these got to live their veg life in the same house.

2 Likes

Very cool! Looks amazing!