Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Aphid defensive tactics

Get them all! Lol

3 Likes

I use DE too. Non toxic and it kills them. Good for slugs on the soil too. I bought a 20# bag a couple of years ago food grade. I also mix it in water and drink it a couple times a week, it is actually silica, but changes when digested to calcium for your body.

2 Likes

That is the key, eliminate the ants so the cows do not come home to roost.

That article creeped me out. The ants bite the wings off the aphids so the can’t escape? WTF!

:rofl: :rofl:Still cant get over what mantis females do to the willing males. Nature can be cruel.

Here’s a little video of a leaf I pulled and dusted with diatomaceous earth.
@mayakid, its a great soil amendment to help prevent this from happening.

2 Likes

you can get a few thousand lady bugs for pretty cheap. They will devour the aphids.

2 Likes

I’m sorry I never did get back to you, last year was when I had covid and wound up in the hospital and my garden for all practical purposes died. I also didn’t amend my grow license and didn’t put anything outside either. The outside thing is a big project that requires building a enclosure with a top covering as well requiring something on the order of steel mesh or chanin link so you can get sun and also keep people out at least to the point that they would have to physically break in the enclosure. So I never tried it and haven’t had any bugs other than fungus gnats in my indoor grow. I’m not sure if I am even going to attempt my license change this year as I can grow plenty for my use inside.

Marty

3 Likes

I wish I could get them. I’m so rural we don’t have mail service. Closest PO is 4 hours round trip.

3 Likes

Bummer Marty. Hope there are no lingering symptoms. They just finished my new grow room. I do in and out grows. Gas lantern routine during veg cut my electric bill substantially. Just 1 hour of light a night. I have been foliar feeding with compost tea and have not had a problem this grow. :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

:wink:

7 Likes

Dude we have a superr aphid problem at my job the cannabis commission makes it so hard to fight back kis every thing we use has to be natural so they have tried jus about everything

3 Likes

You can’t lady bug?

1 Like
1 Like

We did do lady bugs and other predictor bugs

2 Likes

Timeline doesn’t work. They’d all be dead by the time they got to me. Even Amazon Prime Mexico 2 day delivery takes minimum 6 days @ my location. I have never seen one in the wild here in Mexico in 23 years. We don’t have mail service and no one offers them locally. Same prob with worms. Not having an aphid problem with this grow. I think the foliar feeding with compost tea has helped. I have read that they do not like bananas so if I do have an outbreak I will foliar with banana peel tea.

2 Likes

no ups or fedex?

1 Like

Lots of them but no point in bitching about it. Lol

Marty

1 Like

DHL has been the best but even they take over a week. FedEx usually takes about 10 days and forget UPS. The hand off between UPS from anywhere to Mexico is a lot like Pee Wee football. Lots of fumbles. I will not order anything that ships with UPS. Should have named the company Oops. My grow light took 70 days to get here. I always get my $$$ back on failed attempts but I don’t want the fricking money or I wouldn’t have ordered. Like Marty says,

2 Likes

3 Likes

Have you tried spraying them with 3% peroxide. It will kill aphids and not hurt your plants. The problem is if you have a very large infestation they all die on your plant and then your plant starts to rot. So if you have enough air circulation and you are able to wash them off the day after you spray them with peroxide that should really knock them down. But it will have to be repeated. Good luck :v:t3::+1:t3:

3 Likes

4 Likes

Just did 2 huge AH dabs. So now I’m in orbit but I can’t find my nukes!!!

4 Likes