Ask Me Anything w/ Shoe Inn Shoe Covers Wed Jan 10 @11am MST

One question that occurred to me… Can shoe covers have pesticidal activity? Should they?

Not sure I understand the question. Please clarify before I go in an unintended direction.

3 Likes

IE, can they have antimicrobial properties or pesticides on them?

2 Likes

Ah, gotcha. Very interesting, hadn’t thought of that. I know we’ve talked about having shoe covers made of materials that would essentially clean the floor as you walk around (think Swiffer), but we’ve never looked into materials that intentionally/explicitly have those properties. Now I have a new assignment!

3 Likes

Are there any additional products you’re looking to make or sell for growers?

2 Likes

Just watched the video of how they go on. That is pretty slick! My back felt great even watching the video haha!

3 Likes

My experience with shoe covers was at Phat Panda in their flowering room. I thought it was interesting to wear them, but I was told why its important. How are you currently engaging growers to have best practices within their Grow Op in regards to sanitation practices?

5 Likes

Are there any additional products you’re looking to make or sell for growers?

We also have an automatic shoe cover removal system. If you had a chance to come by our booth at MJBizCon in LV, maybe you saw it or tried it out. Basically, it has all the same benefits as the dispensers (FASTER , EASIER, SAFER and CLEANER), just at the other end of the process.

One exciting development is that we are starting to make some of our shoe covers in a biodegradable format; eventually all of them will be biodegradable, which we think is going to be well-received and I would think this industry would have more interest in that as well.

3 Likes

I saw this at your booth at MJBizCon, it was super fun and easy to use.

4 Likes

Have you ever thought of the home growers market and how any of your products may apply to someone not necessarily looking at it from a commercial side? Any products that might appeal to the home/hobbyist as we see that market emerging and growing?

2 Likes

Hah! That’ll be fun. I can just imagine hemp shoe covers. Grow it, wear it!

3 Likes

Have you had any interesting clients?

More interesting clients: Tesla, SpaceX, NASA, JPL (Jet Propulsion Laboratory).

3 Likes

Will you be setup at any other shows for 2018? I just got word yesterday that I’m going to Indo Expo in Denver in a few weeks and I’ll also be at CannaCon in Seattle next month, if you’re attending either events I’d love to see it in action!

2 Likes

Hah! That’ll be fun. I can just imagine hemp shoe covers. Grow it, wear it!

We have actually started to look into the possibility of hemp shoe covers! Good thought.

3 Likes

I saw this at your booth at MJBizCon, it was super fun and easy to use.

Thank you, truly.

3 Likes

Well, that’s all the time we have officially slated for the AMA. I want to thank @jfoster for taking the time to answer our questions. If anybody has any more questions, please feel free to leave them here and Jeff should be able to answer them at a later time.

2 Likes

My experience with shoe covers was at Phat Panda in their flowering room. I thought it was interesting to wear them, but I was told why its important. How are you currently engaging growers to have best practices within their Grow Op in regards to sanitation practices?

MJBizCon a few months ago was our first opportunity to engage growers, and we have continued to reach out to the folks who had us scan their badges. Attending future tradeshows is likely to happen as well. By signing up for this forum and doing this AMA, we hope to get more exposure and opportunities to engage.

Any other suggestions?

4 Likes

I absolutely will. Thank you very much for this opportunity and all the questions, everyone.

3 Likes

Have you ever thought of the home growers market and how any of your products may apply to someone not necessarily looking at it from a commercial side? Any products that might appeal to the home/hobbyist as we see that market emerging and growing?

Had not given any thought to that market specifically, but thank you for suggesting it. As previously noted, we do sell shoe covers for manual application as well, so someone who just wants shoe covers but doesn’t truly need a dispenser can come to us also.

1 Like

Have not committed to any other grower shows at this time but are definitely leaning toward doing more. There seem to be more and more opportunities, we just have to look at what makes the most sense. We tend to shy away from the smaller, more regional shows and instead focus on the national shows. Any recommendations?

1 Like

Yes! Educate and keep doing what you’re doing! Don’t be a stranger, if you have questions or wanting to know how to engage more on the forum here even with Growers Network, personally I love networking with people and finding solutions is a particular specialty of mine so give me a shout down the road and we’ll see what we can do to identify what your needs are and work towards common ground!

Admittedly I’ve only been to CannaGrow in Denver and that’s my experience with the convention/shows so far. Honestly I’m sure I’ll have much to say about the other shows here soon enough (and I’m huge on pictures, I’ll be documenting the experience one way or another!)

Anyway I know you’ve probably a busy day here ahead of you; thank you Jeff @jfoster for taking the time to talk with us today and please don’t be afraid to reach out on the forum here if you want to chat, discuss innovations, or just shoot the breeze!

Have a great day and thank you again!

2 Likes