Ask Me Anything with Dustin Keller from Groficient Solutions

Great question- This is why we made the base adjustable too. Some strains don’t stretch like others, as many of you probably already know, so by raising the base of the canopy crawler to a desired height based on the strain, you can maintain an even canopy height.

You’ll want to stop stretching/training heavy indica strains to let them grow vertically and get established for flower. Ideally you want 18-24 inches of growth above your steel trellis by the 3rd week of flower.

1 Like

Ok we’re at time for the event. Thank you to everyone who asked questions and a big thank you to @CanopyCrawler for sharing your knowledge with us!

Thank you everyone for joining us today, and thank you Nicholas!

1 Like

15 Nov 2017

Hayden,

Thanks for your reply, so if you bump into anyone who is interested in maximizing their yield and minimizing water usage, they don’t have to be super tech-savy, just have them give me a call.

Thanks,

Frank

p.s. can also use to maximize cannibaloid oils content.

Frank Stempski

Cermetek Microelectronics Inc

www.Cermetek.com

Off: 408 942 2209

Cell: 408 482 2822

mailto:franks@cermetek.com franks@cermetek.com

so the longer veg is better , making more arms and bud sites…is the “training time” make the veg cycle longer I see some really long stretched out arms lol, I am sure you provide expet advice for the training yes?

C

1 Like

Expert advice on setup and training is offered to all of our customers with the Canopy Crawler product.

And you are correct. Vegging for longer than 5 weeks is ideal for this method, because you’ve got to start with large enough plants when you introduce the screen to fill it quickly, but don’t let your plants get TOO BIG :stuck_out_tongue: (This is unless you start your vegging plants underneath the trellis immediately, which is an option. If you were able to start vegging plants underneath the trellis immediately and could wheel the whole canopy crawler into the flower room, you’d only have to veg for 4-5 weeks).

It will take roughly 2 weeks of training to time to completely fill the screen if you start with a 6-7 week old plant. The majority of the stretching above the screen will happen during the first two weeks of flower.

This does add a couple weeks to veg time, but is well worth the wait. Yield is much greater and a lot less plants to water.

I hope this helps answer your question!

2 Likes

We will! It falls right in line with our values in reducing waste and plant count. Thanks again Frank!

2 Likes