Auto flower grow. Lithium OG, and GirlScout Cookies

Every grow I have this issue. Come to find out my ph would always raise after a couple of hours so thanks to @bow4buck for having the same issue already and suggesting this RO set up

Don’t mind the redneck table top, it’s the only sink in my house that bypasses the water softner. Will flush as soon as I have enough water ready, and hope to see some good changes.

5 Likes

Dunbar, Just FYI you are better off to run your SOFT WATER through you R/O DI unit!
Soft water has most of the cations removed already and you will be a LOT easier in your prestage filters and probably increase your R/O water yield!
You certainly do not want to ever use soft water directly in any plant usage at all!
BTW that is a first class setup and actually one step above R/O water! With the de-ionization cartridge you may well get your water down to 1 ppm! That is actually considered pharmaceutical or lab grade water! You will know when to change your DI cartridge when your ppm start to rise significantly!

6 Likes

@TheMadFlascher. I had initially questioned whether I should run it after the water softner. But figured I was being safer by not. So I did not know that at all, thank you! I will swap it!

5 Likes

Yup, you’ll be happy! Good Luck with your grows!

4 Likes

Well @TheMadFlascher you were on it 100% PPM is 0.

I’m reading that oxygen drops the ph of RO water. Is there anything in general I need to know or change running RO? I drop a couple of air stones in the bucket and the ph instantly drops around 5. I’m reading that I should let the water sit for a couple of hours etc, etc.

1 Like

Not exactly ‘oxygen’…it is the CO2 in air that is dissolving in your water and forming a weak carbonic acid (H2CO3). It should be of no consequence, especially once you add your nutes…remember in pure water there is no pH buffering AT ALL and very little carbonic acid will drop it just like you’ve seen!!
No need to wait for anything! Add your nutes, adjust pH and grow some nice cannabis!!!

7 Likes

Thank you so much. Classic overthinker here, which makes me second guess simplicity.

2 Likes

No worries…never hurts to ask…glad to help!!

One of my favorite quotes:
" The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute. The man who does not ask is a fool for a lifetime"

Confucius
My all time favorite:

“Nothing is impossible, even the word itself says I’m possible”

Audry Hepburn

6 Likes

Already looking better.

8 Likes

Things are definitely looking better. Back 3 are lithium og, and the front are girlscout cookies.

7 Likes

Definitely an improvement, color looking way better. Think you are on your way :wink: :grin::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

A few little adjustments to nutrients but certainly glad to see some normal color for once. I can’t thank you enough for the RO recommendation.

2 Likes

Don’t know much glad to share and help when I can :grin: think you are in pretty good hands with @TheMadFlascher just reading his posts im inclined to believe he already forgot most of what we know. <—that was supposed to be a compliment :grin::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Things are still looking great, although at this point I probably could have gone with 4 plants and filled the space better. I didn’t expect the auto’s to get as big as they are

4 Likes

Things still going alright. Unsure if I mentioned it, but I had to change from technaflora to Jack’s, due to cost. I’m completely lost with the Jack’s but have a general feeding chart to follow.

Any suggestions on the brown leaves? It started just after flower started.

3 Likes

How ya looking? Better worse. Pmed ya too.

3 Likes

Damn I missed that post

3 Likes

@bow4buck, @Hydro

No luck yet on solving the issue. I did move the one GSC over under my Mars hydro until the lithium is done. This one GSC is not taller than I am. I have to be pushing 5ft of plant only at this point.

I’m also completely out of height for the light to go up. One of the hooks pulled out last week and the light fell as I was trying to raise it up some. Got everything straightened put, but what a shit show that was!

6 Likes

This is my first full run with jacks.
Looks like some strains show deficiency about 2 or 3 weeks from light flip.
I’m running clones now. 2 weeks in flower and I’ve added some bloom. I see no problem yet with the same strains that showed the deficiency.
@CoyoteCody changed the Jack’s formula during flower and I think it’s working. If it is I’ll try it and ditch the boost. I’m sure he will be along to tell us the formula. I have it wrote down at home. I’ve seen the formula used by others as well.
2 of my 6 strains showed the problem. The others did fine

7 Likes

Damn it @Hydro! Where were you weeks ago! Haha!

6 Likes