Auto-flowering>fastest>highest yield

Im starting a new grow looking for the highest yield from a couple auto flowering seeds with genetics to perform well and have high yield. I want less plants but will have a large space if necessary. I want the most powerful lights for these but was unsure if i can have to powerful lights? I looked into hps that is an option. Im looking for ideas on all steps, and equipment to growing auto-flowering seeds with the highest yields.

4 Likes

I don’t think you can get too much light. But to use all of it I believe you will need to add CO2.

I’m running cherry bomb by bomb seeds its gonna be a big yielder for an auto I’ve got 4 colas the size of 24oz can no joke also running an afghan kush auto it’s not a huge yield but bigger than most autos but the quality just WOW its dripping in trichs and still has 7-9 days plus dark period the cmh lights produce crazy high quality

1 Like

I don’t mean to sound stupid but how could i do this

3 Likes

@supremejus no such thing as stupid questions around here, we are all here to help each other!

4 Likes

That’s not an stupid question. And I actually don’t know. I just know the theory, but there are a lot of growers here with much more experience than mine. @deusoboy420 for example :smiley:

2 Likes

If you are looking for 8+ oz autos. Big bud, Blue caramel, Critical purple, Fruit punch are for sures for my self. AK 47 and the west coast og are very close behind. My next grow will be all autos and my goal will be a 8 oz minimum each from 6 different strains. I grow in coco and not soil. So that will effect yields from what I have seen. I have a bunch of other strains that should do close if not as well also. I see some have different names over here. @justgrowin Steve, Sam and @blackthumbbetty grow nice autos too. Maybe @justgrowin may know who they go by in here.

4 Likes

@tdubwilly runs a beautiful CO2 setup and very stealthy the way he runs the hose…

3 Likes

Look into quantum board led lights or cmh if your stuck on hid fixtures I am running cmh in my veg tent where I also grow my autos but I’m running hps in my flower tent at the moment I went hps when I started because it was tried and true and leds were just crazy expensive when I started really getting into growing but I plan on switching to quantum boards in my flower tent at tax time I want nice ones the energy savings alone will pay for them not to mention no bulb changes and low heat I love my cmh for veg and autos they produce crazy buds and my vegging photos love them

2 Likes

Thanks Brian for the tag.

I find the key to large autos is nute manipulation. But definitely your grow medium makes a huge difference as well. I see most who grow them in auto pots or dwc tend to get them to take off faster and have a longer veg period creating larger yields. I grow in soil and tend to only get 5-7 oz each auto and have had some as low as 2-3. Most can b manipulated but some just do as they please. I love them nonetheless.

2 Likes

@deusoboy420
I have a 400 watt CMH and a 600 watt ballast and bulbs in both watts for my veg tent also. And i have. 1000 watt HPS in my flower tent. I have 2 quantum boards on the way i bought 2 of the 260 watt 3000k color for flower. As i have a sunblaze T5 4 bulb 4’x13" for veg and a single T5 for seedlings and cuttings. Im going to try and get 2x 1000 watt HPS dimmed to 750 watts into the same tent with a quantum board at 260 watts for 1010 watts each.

1 Like

I have extra ballast(s) if anyone needs digital dimmable ballast 600 watts. For $75 each + ship and 1 left 400 watt $50 plus ship U.S. only.

Sorry if this is the wrong place for this.

2 Likes

Like @justgrowin said, nute training can help manipulate your plants to grow longer before blooming, which will get you a bigger harvest.

I push veg nutes as long as possible. I don’t start transition nutes until the pistils start forming their thistle looking buds. Even if the plant starts showing pistils at 3 weeks, I won’t start transition nutes til actual buttons start forming. I have been able to hold off bloom til week 8. Of course, this won’t work with all genetics.

3 Likes

I recommend looking at Fastbuds. I have had great success with most of their strains I’ve tried. Blue Dream’atic and Green Crack are wonderful. The 6 Shooter is pretty darned good, too.

1 Like

I’ve got a 1000w and a 600w in the flower tent the 1000 is dimmed to 750 and the 600 is all the way up I’m running at 78-80°f and 43-45% rh and I’ve got 2 315w cmh and a led that’s pulling 225w at the wall in my veg tent and the girls love it sad today the death star was yanked started showing pods… so far the 2 wappa gelato and the single 9# hammer x pibeurt are showing pistils and the 2 ata tundra arent showing sex as of yet hoping for at least 1 female only had 2 beans of it also started a couple orange purple berry x night terror og fems hoping for some good phenos

1 Like

Are your veg lights metal halide or ceramic metal halide I’ve only seen cmh in 315w and 630w

MH sorry gor ahead of myself there sorry and didnt proof read.

1 Like

Your good lol I do highly recommend cmh fixtures tho for the power they pull my vegging photos do amazing under a phantom 315w cmh with the Phillip’s 4200k and a hydrofarm 315w and the buds produced on the autos under the 3100k are insanely resinous

Im just using a T5 sunblaze for small veg up to 1.5’ then i switched to a 400 mh for veg. I have a 600 watt ballast and bulb also. But the 400 is working well so far and the temps are at 78-81degres.

1 Like