AZ Grow-Great White Shark from MSNL in rdwc

What’s up Arizona Growers been about 10 years since I’ve grown but with the passing of prop 207 i can finally pursue my passion in peace. I’d like to encourage any other growers in the central Phoenix area the PM me I’d like to start a group called The Central Arizona cannabis cultivators community and really open the dialog between us Growers in the Maricopa County area. For my first grow in 10 years I’m going with two great white sharks from msnl germinated two of them on November 23rd in a paper towel they both sprouted at then transfer them to rockwool.

after about a week one of them suffered from damping off so I started another in a rapid rooter plug and its doing great!
Feeding with 2 ml each of Botanicare kind base and grow at a pH of 5.5 and a PPM of 235

5 Likes

Here’s the other one.

The poor girl has had it rough. I ran a few successful grows large and small back in the day and thought I had it down and then this happened LOL gave it some nutrient solution at about 200-400 PPM not sure because I mixed up an initial batch thought it was too strong and then blindly added more water to it to dilute it! I really need to get back into my old habits of documentation and data point collection. I’m hoping this grow diary will help me do that while also making some connections in my local community​:seedling::heart:

4 Likes

I have always had a hard time germinating seeds in rockwool @Grey_Sun_Grow_207. I prefer the plugs also. They breath so much better.
You should still be using plain water with very minimal cal-mag, depending on your h20 source, when your seedling is that small. Definitely under 200 ppms.
They don’t need much at that stage.
:v:

5 Likes

Thanks for the support @Tygrow78 as soon as I seen the damping off I remembered it from some of my earlier grows back then I just used to use the Jiffy plugs you get at Home Depot LOL

4 Likes

Do you just wash the plug off your roots when you put in your buckets?

2 Likes

Back when I used to the Jiffy plugs I was growing organically in soil so I just popped him right in the soil. In my old hydro grow I was running an nft system I would start the Clones in rockwool then place them in 6 inch net pots surrounded by hydroton I did get a little bit of green algae with that method but nothing I felt affected the plant growth. I’ve never place rockwool in an rdwc system as this is my first time running one but I imagine I will run into the same algae issue with the plant that is in the rockwool as far as the one that is in the rapid Rooter as far as I know that material is a combination of a foam and sphagnum peat moss so I don’t think it will dissolve but IDK

4 Likes

Welcome aboard. I love AZ have lots of family down there. A bit to hot for me in the summer down there. Looks good.

3 Likes

I put my plugs in a 3.5"×3.5"×4" rockwool cube. Then after my roots grow through the rockwool I put them in my lids with hydroton pebbles. I love rockwool, just not good germinating with it @Hydro.

5 Likes

Thank you @happyhippy if any of your family out here grow point them in my direction, always looking to meet local growers.:seedling::heart:

3 Likes

Yeah I should have done my research more. I guess it has a really high pH but after soaking it in 5.5 h20 the other one it’s starting to come back. But after seeing the results of the RR I don’t think I’ll use anything else.

4 Likes

Not that I know of but if they start growing I definitely will try to get you guys connected

3 Likes

Cool! I know we are very new to the recreational /homegrown scene so a lot of people that were growing under prohibition are probably still a little hesitant to come out of the closet so to speak. But I think now is an important time to get the dialog started between Growers in the central Phoenix area and just Arizona in general

3 Likes

Hey! Im near central az! Haven’t started yet, still saving up for my first kit! If we get another stimulus check that one is free and clear for me to start!

3 Likes

Right on! I was beginning to think there was no one out there. Let me know if you need any help getting things going. I just got done with a custom RDWC closet build. So I’ve researched a lot of equipment. Also by the time you get set up I should have a mother plant established and be able to provide you with cuttings!:seedling::heart:

2 Likes

Hey new first time hydro grower here in Mesa,Az looking for help and tips along the way just set up a 5x5 gorilla super room with the kind led x2 light and a 6 site bubble flow bucket set up RDWC. Anyone that can help I’m all ears

3 Likes

Need help with hydro grow tips

3 Likes