Beginner to growing

My name is Mauro, I’m 22 and from LA. I’ve been thinking of moving out of state to start my own hemp farming business. I’m aware that it’s a long process and needs lots of funds but I’ve already taken small steps to achieve my goal within the next 10 years. I’ve been listening to lots of podcasts regarding agronomy and some home growers in Colorado. I’m aware of the laws and restrictions in California and how much harder it is to start a business here in general. I’m looking for mentors to help me achieve my goals, I need someone with experience. I know how to grow cannabis, theoretically. I have not grown anything, ever. I’ve been thinking of going back to school to study Agronomy and everything that comes with it, plant physiology, plant genetics, soil science and even meteorology. My only experience regarding the handling of cannabis are, extraction using non volatile solvents and infusion. 3-6-21
I’m open to questions and opinions please feel free to comment anything :slight_smile:

3 Likes

i wish you luck in your endeavors. growing pot in theory? plant a seed. take a plant to harvest first. then you arent a just in theory grower.

5 Likes

Welcome, sounds like you need to put all that knowledge to use!! Your toolbox is loaded, time to go to work on the goal with a specific target in mind. Whatever that might be…sounds like you’re lazor focused…good luck to you!!

5 Likes

@cookimonster88 Welcome to GN and awesome you have found your passion in life, now to take a bigger step in the right direction. Why you not growing in LA, its a good outdoor environment to grow and legal for a couple plants? You can also register on GrowersNetwork University and do 4 top quality cannabis courses for free. Try them out !!!

4 Likes

Whays up @cookimonster88 LA local and home grower … it’ll be hard on your own… do you have partners investors and distributors lined up… its a tough business bro… wish you luck we are all here to help

3 Likes

Not only do you need to grow first hand for yourself, but you need to become one of the best to attract investors. And ten years down the road at the pace this industry is progressing; you are going to be on the very tail end of everything so it will be double hard to get a start. By then you will be in competition with grow houses that have 20 years experience on you. Prices are already dropping due to production outstripping demand both here and in Canada. Already a lot of new startups are going to the Boutique grow model, super high quality with a gimmicky brand name or whatnot in order to get a foothold in the market. It’s a boom industry right now, but in ten years it won’t be any longer, it will be very much matured.

Wish you luck !!

4 Likes

I’m in the process of buying the supplies I need to grow 6 plants. I have plenty of space so that shouldn’t be a problem.

1 Like

Thank you!

2 Likes

This is a long and complex process, to make it easier on myself I’ve decided to go the CFO route

Thank you!

1 Like

and down the rabbit hole you will go. :rofl: :rofl: something about getting those plants growing will become an addiction to growing. please keep this journal. i would love to watch how fascinated you become with growing. good luck and happy growing :smiley:

1 Like