Bigger, denser buds! How?

LOL You have to take into consideration I’m a girl. With my setup, yes. I run HPS lamps and the stronger my light is (more wattage) (running 4 1k HPS covering around 8’ x 10’ area) the bigger my buds and overall weight per plant. More light grows more weed. I keep my lights as close to the plants as I can without it burning them by keeping big air moving over the tops which disperses the heat put off by the lamps. Lights,generally sit at around 5’ off floor most of the time and tops can get within a few inches of lens w/o light burn. I’ll try to post some pics of them too later.

7 Likes

I’d say get an HPS but then you’ll be paying a little more in electricity. My pops has switched from led to HPS and has seen triple if not quadruple the size of his buds.

3 Likes

Oh shot just seen how old this is lol

2 Likes

Thanks anyway! :crazy_face: :wink:

2 Likes

You go this @kapouic it’s gonna be colossal mon

3 Likes

What did you end up trying?

2 Likes

mk3 had given me a Mars Hydro 1000w and another one of my friends who I helped for free did the same. So I ended up with 2 Mars Hydro 1000w and that made a huge difference. I documented it in another journal : Growing on a budget :nerd_face:

6 Likes

I would recommend save up for 400 w hps. With tube for that size tent. Drop advanced nutrients your on budget that stuff expensive. If don’t buy all mass of 12 different bottles to use then don’t get full 16 benefits an just mess stuff to deal wit. Find 3 part nutrients cheap with all benefits at affordable prices. Use bud igniter. I use brix spray also week 7 increase tricone density an has antifungal to stop chanc in molding. Another cheap effective way to get density is buy blue uv light use last week flower.

2 Likes

Oh ok. I’ve checked that out a few times. Do you know the actual wattage it draws?

3 Likes

Never checked it…but their website states 150 watts. It’s way better than what I had. :nerd_face:

5 Likes

That seams about right. I have a pair of OFFAD “1000w” and with a usage meter they draw 110w. I never did use them very long. Maybe some day.

3 Likes

Compared to the crap I had before, it’s night and day! They work really well for my space and don’t get too hot! :nerd_face:

3 Likes

@kapouic Does AN have a PK boost you can use … or maybe try upping your EC…

2 Likes

Yes they do @docee , it’s called Big Bud. And I have used it to great advantage. My problem was that even with the best nutrients I could get, I was getting mostly larf and a few nice cola, all very frosty (thanks to AN)…
Now with the 2 Mars Hydro 1000W, I get a lot more density to the buds and a lot more of them… :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Sounds like to me you are on your way… but try upping your EC… I started to play with the ec and I am starting to be better results…

3 Likes

Your problem is right there in the link. Cannabis can take a f ton of light. Take the sun :sunny: for example under water it can still show upwards of 1600ppfd at a few metres! Those lights prolly pump out about 100ppfd

It’s way higher than that well at least centre point tests show