Black Mold?

Found this while scouting the plants today, wondering if anyone knows what this is? Plant is outdoors in veg.

Located on a healthy branch with high airflow on the side that gets the most sunlight.

3 Likes

A bacteria?

1 Like

This is a piece I cut off earlier today took me a while to find it that’s why it’s all wilted

1 Like

Those two pics are the only affected areas, I’m seeing some sort of pest running around on the trunk when I water heavily so I’m I’m thinking I should do some pest management to be safe. If it is black sooty mold it feeds on insect waste and not the plant itself. Im definitely learning today that I need some better magnification to help diagnose some of this stuff. The 60x works well for trichs and larger pests like full grown aphids but these things are super tiny.

LOL looks like the photos and comments have disappeared from this one !!!

1 Like

Made a separate thread for this after the posts in the other thread hoping someone’s seen this before lol

1 Like

Honestly I am not sure what I’m looking at here. Generally in my experience most types of mold tend to happen in the denser sections of my colas, like in the center of compact colas. Regardless, I’d suggest having lots of air movement and a day/night digital thermostat that gives you the high/low of the humidity in the room each day I would check mine and reset it. They tell me the high, and lowest temps, and humidity for each 24 hour period. Mold is an environmental issue, which tends to only happen when and where there is too much moisture. It’s like a plant that grows on a plant, environmental conditions need to be just right for mold to take hold and spread. I have a bunch of fans in my grow rooms, walls, floors, etc. PLUS I have dehumidifiers that I generally kick on during the last 3-4 weeks of growth, depending on the time of the year, the humidity tends to be much higher during the summer months. As growers, we are mother nature. Mother nature tells us most of what we need to know, or google but you have to sift through the bs.

hope this helps

UP

1 Like

It’s an outdoor plant but the strange part is that was located on an area of the plant that gets the most light and airflow. I thought forsure if I was gonna get mold or budrot it would be toward the center where there’s less airflow

2 Likes

And this plant has NO purple in it’s lineage? Did you find this after a heavy rain or such? Did you spread the mold across with your finger, does it act like a type of powder/dust? These plants here look healthy and happy. If you are not sure just remove it when you see it. It should act like a dust or spores, which are use to spready. So remove the leave first before you check. My eyes could be playing tricks on me but it has a purple color to it.

2 Likes

I removed both pieces right away and got them away from the plants. It has been hot and humid recently but not much rain. I was able to rub some of it off but not all of it from one of the 2 pieces I cut off. Under 60x magnification it looked kind of spikey with little pieces sticking out from the main spot.

1 Like

When you cut off, was there black inside the stalk?

1 Like

Doesn’t look like any mold I’ve seen. Plus like you said it’s not in a moldy environment. Probably either the start of some deficiency or bug related. Just my 2 cents

3 Likes

It was all top surface of leaves, didn’t see any in stalk or on bottoms of leaves.

2 Likes

It looks like some sort of substance on top of the leaf rather then the leaf itself

1 Like

almost looks like purple alge ,but it would definitely need to be wet to grow on there, I have seen pics of no till setups with stuff just like that on the stalks growing up the stalk from the soil, it’s a beneficial organism if so. did u spray with any kind of pond treatment (for microbes) that’s where u would find the purple alge most likely

2 Likes

Haven’t sprayed any pond treatments or beneficials

1 Like

@treetrunks@bobette

I have the same on mine. Only the top leaves of one stem. We pulled a leaf & put it under the scope. It’s in the leaf not on the leaf. It isn’t spreading it’s been there for over 2 weeks. At first it looked black but it’s not its purple. I have sprayed this past week. I do not believe it’s any kind of mold. None of my others nearby have it. Growing outdoors, pruned, air travels through fine and no over watering.
Unfortunately the seeds were given to me & we don’t know what the strain is. What strain of yours has this on it? Could it be a characteristic of the cultivar? :thinking:

1 Like

This is my 4th time growing this clone but the first time outdoors. It’s a clone of a pink kush from Barney’s farm that I grew from seed. I have not noticed it before but I do check my garden multiple times per day and have a very limited plant count so they all get lots of attention. I have not seen any since I cut off the two pieces from the pictures. Did you leave it on the plant and it still hasn’t spread? Hopefully mine is just a weird genetic expression on the branch as well and not somthing to worry about.

@treetrunks yes mine is still on the plant. No it has not spread and it is one of the branches that gets more light. Interesting …:thinking:

1 Like

@treetrunks maybe this will help. The chart pic shows this as phosphorus deficiency

2 Likes