Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Bow's Test Grow

I didn’t set this up. This spot was already created for us to use I think. :grin:

4 Likes

@happilyretired tag me please. I’ve already learned a bunch from you. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hey @bow4buck dont give the plant flower nutriens so soon. Watch the plants buds start appearing before giving them the flower nutrients. They will perform better. When i go to flower i wait untill the the bud sites are just starting to get about a small pea sized buds then i actuall give my plants my grow nutrients and bloom nutrients together for 1 week as the grow nutrients drop off. I have much better results this way. Many years ago i did the same thing…i was like oh im flowering so i need to switch nutrients. And it was in correct and too soon for the nutrients. The plants take 10 days to transition to flower anyways so i like to go flower nutrients at like 18-20 days into flower. Its like having the lights go out slowly vs just going off. I had way better buds because of this also. So changing my flower feed times and the sunset light change made some really great flower even better! Try it out and see for yourself. :+1: nice plants by the way

6 Likes

Definitely interested in anything that improves my grow. So, just switch back to veg nutes or do I need to flush again? I’m assuming I’m not changing brands i can just change back???..

Edit: I’ve been playing with the lights. Have often thought of transitioning over time. I did just flip but slowly turning up intensity over time since veg started

4 Likes

No switch back. Just next time as your approaching 12days into flower start to add the flowering nutrients at the same time. I dont flush when i change to flower. I use coco and promix. I hand water 1x a day. I see your using jacks 321. I have to test this brand out. Id like to know a little more about this nutrient program to say exactly how to do this with your nutrient line. But just wait until the plant starts to transition into flower a little more before giving the flower nutrients. Thats it. Im doing a little experiment right now where im giving a few plants some roots organic surge and Hp2. Before going to the flower nutrients. Kind of like the lights dimming and simulating sunset. Im hoping to add a little more “P” just as the plants transitioning into flower if this affects anything like speed of flowering? Or better budding faster. Ive tested one set of plants now one more test group and i will know if it helps or hinders?

And your doing the other nutrients now? So my comments are only for the transition part not nutrients related to your grow now.

3 Likes

Looking good! I am still waiting to start my grow with them. I was wondering about the first feeding during the seedling phase. What day did you apply it?

2 Likes

@bow4buck
See the area i circled. This is the area of intrest im talking about when people switch to flower. See how it has all the nutrients at the same time and then the grow nutrients drop off. Now depending on the strain is the tricky part. And that part is how long do you feed or fertigate in days or over a week or 2? I use manufacturer’s feeds charts as a starting point only but i usually go weaker until i get a feel for how my plants and environment react together. Then i can do more testing later. I did a Dutchpro nutrients run 2 months ago and i went a hair too weak on the nutrients at first but corrected it quick. But new nutrients and new strains at the same time was a little trickier than i liked but i still pulled some off some killer bud but. Now im running the same plant strains with my regular nutrients and testing them out as a comparison.

4 Likes

@preybird1 understood and completely see where you are going with it. Advice taken.

Hey I’m going to hit you.up on DM. Have an off topic subject I want to pick your brain on and don’t want to muddy up this thread to bad.

3 Likes

Well I Telya, if you go up to the pictures that I took and you see the seedlings on the first picture you can see they’re starting to show regular leaves. That’s when I switched from the clone X rooting solution to the seedling feed. As you can see they all liked it pretty much except cherry Garcia. That one got stunted. So with this experience under my belt, I would say second set of split leaves would be the time to start. At least that’s what I’m gonna do. I think it’s just a little too hot for some seedling starting out.

They have now been on the regular feeding chart for a week or so.

4 Likes

15 days from flip. Still look to be stretching and some pre flower action seen for the first time yesterday. Started them on flower nutes at flip. Taking @preybird1 recommendations, easing them into it. Had already mixed a 30gal batch, took half that and fed to autos and house plants. Topped off the remaining with RO and been feeding at half strength. Preybird wat ya think, start upping a little at a time from here?

That last pic 2 carmalicious just a little behind the rest on the pre flower action.

7 Likes

If you want you can go stronger. I still like a bit bigger of a bud showing. I mean i Like to able to see a definate bud before i give bloom nutrients. Here is an example of when i switch the nutrients. But i give my plants grow and bloom nutrients in the 1 week of flip then the grow nutrients drop off.

these are my plants in different lights to show the difference and to illustrate what i look for before giving bloom nutrients.

8 Likes

36 days from flip. No signs of anything detrimental. Did notice once I upped the flower nutes, started getting some tip burn that wasn’t there. No big deal, ill just be keeping an eye on it.
Mostly closeups today, defol makes it hard to see the plants.

So far no complaints about it with my plants. Ventana seems to be keeping them healthy and happy :blush:

5 Likes

Not at all surprising you may see some tip burn on your leaves after a heavy defoliation…
Less leaves to metabolise the same amount of nuets…may be a little lag but I’m betting your leaves will be back with a vengence!

5 Likes

@bow4buck hey boss when do you do your heavy defoil? I always do mine like day 14. Maybe I’m a little early? Definitely watching this rebound! Nice looking girls

2 Likes

I usually hit them right around day 21. Seems to be the sweet spot. Enough foliage to remove, plenty of time to recover and usually have pretty good branching by then so I can see what stays and what goes. Think these were like day 25-28. Been hunting so pre occupied :grin:

3 Likes

Update today. 53 days from flip and starting to see some swell starting. Time to see if the nutes does well with bud development. Feed was increased again last night to 3/4 dose. If they look good after this, they go to full dose in a few days.

11 Likes

What do you mean by giving 3/4 dose? Did I miss something, are you supplementing with something else? If you’re at 53 days from light flip that’s about 7 1/2 weeks. I would’ve thought you would’ve been full strength on the Vantana long before now. I still have mine on full strength vege, but they still seem a little bit hungry so my next feeding I’m gonna pop it up a little more. Then they flip the flower Sometime after that.

So far I’m really liking the results from the Vantana. Especially how it holds pH. I haven’t done bloom yet but so far with the veg nutrients with RO water, it PH‘s at about 5.9 then over a couple of days it creeps up to 6.7 and then holds there or drops just a little bit before the tank is empty. Right now I’m getting between a half and 3/4 of a gallon runoff from all the plants. I’m pumping it back into the tank. Right now they’re eating 15 gallons in seven days. 4 plants.

I’ll be doing a big update on mine in a couple days on my journal.

8 Likes

Yeah, I’ve had no ph issues either using this stuff.

Just been working them slowly into the flower nutes to see how they do. They will get to full dose rather quick now. Figure I’ve got about 4 weeks left and thats where the magic happens anyways. If I miss the mark then I know for next time.

Kinda thinking I could run half dose the whole grow and they would be fine :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Well this is a test grow so I’m following their nutrient chart. I will be at full strength bloom nutrients third week after light flip. We’ll see what happens. :+1:t3:

6 Likes

Nice i need to start mine. Im in some seed runs and id rather not mess these up trying something i have never used before on strains that are hard to get or discontinued. Soon ill be able to start.

4 Likes