Growers Network was created as a resource for adults in the cannabis industry.

Please verify your age to enter.

Bugs 🐜 ffs shiny leaves?

Have some plants about 2 weeks into flower. I noticed shiny patches on the leaves and some have these small stupid brown and white bugs crawling on the underside of some of the leaves

I’m thinking thrips, not sure though any ideas? Or what is the fastest way to kill these little bastards?

Don’t have pics right now.

4 Likes

I had a similar problem. Got rid of it using insecticidal soap. I don’t think that would damage the flowers, but personnally I would wash the harvest. Jorges Cervantes has a nice how-to video on washing the harvest on YouTube. I am not 100% sure if my solution is accurate. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Broad mites

4 Likes

Hard to give great advice untill i can see a pic:) im a thrip pro haha if u show us some pics i can tell u if it’s thrips or spider mites or something else;)

6 Likes

Where do these things come from? Indoor grow tent :tent: perfect looking plants then noticed leaves looked like they were having some nutrient deficiencies on some lower leaves slight slug or shiny looking patches. Didn’t have time to take pics as I’m going away for a couple days. I have a digital microscope.

Also what’s best method to kill them?

1 Like

Thrips make your leaves shiny… @Packee got rid of them earlier…

1 Like

They are common for indoor growers. More often then not. We bring them into our grow. Sometimes they just find their way in.

6 Likes

@fusiondesigner predatory bugs are my first choice

But I have used Avid Spray as well, it’ll do a variety of pests, but only in veg. 1 spray, lights and fans off, every 2 weeks. Make sure you wear ppe when using

Cheers

Packee

2 Likes

Here is the culprit! I pulled it’s head off after this photo was taken.

Update: one plant seemed somewhat resistant? Any ideas on that? It was also the tallest and stronger phenotype, so maybe that is why.

One plant was culled, another was cleaned with 3% hydrogen peroxide then sprayed with safers end all, strong one spot sprayed with safers end all.

Grow tent cleaned out with Lysol wipes :roll_of_toilet_paper: removed dead and decaying leaves from lower leaves.

Increasing spot checks.

Question: can I still clone the strong one? 4 weeks into flower nearly.

1 Like

Those look like a thrip to me.

2 Likes

Yeah they are, creepy watching this alien headed predator baby crawl around.

1 Like

Yep should be able to clone still

Packee

1 Like

What is the best thing for killing these little shits anyway, Safers End All says it’s not been tested on thrips…:upside_down_face:

1 Like

Since you are you in flower I would go with beneficial predators.

1 Like

How do I go about getting these lol

1 Like

Try “The Nature’s Good Guy’s” on Amazon. I’m not sure what predators are needed for thripsbut ask them and they should help. Arbico also sells beneficial insects. Biotactics can help you with what you need too. There’s many websites for beneficial predators.

2 Likes

Yes, it will be considered a monster cropped clone and will produce a ton of side branches and, therefore, a large yield; but, you’ll have to wait for it to revert back to veg and that can take a little while. It also might take a few more days to root that far into flower. I’ve taken clones as late as the 5th week of flower, and that’s what I have noticed.

2 Likes

What is your preferred method of death for these alien headed :bug: bugs? I heard spinosad works fast

2 Likes

Spinosad for sure u can spray them with water or even azamax in between .but spinosad every third day for two to three weeks be through and spray top of substrate as well .put in some blue sticky traps when done to monitor for survivors.

2 Likes

If it is out of control i have more advice to step it up;)

1 Like