Build a small room or buy a bigger tent?

So I’m wanting to expand a little and am debating on building some pop up lock together walls that can be taken down easily or buying a bigger tent. I want to build cause not only do I like to make stuff but I can completely customize the whole thing, go a little bigger and not be limited to the openings on the tent. But the other side of me is just wanting to throw something up and be done with it. What do you guys think? Build or buy?

6 Likes

Build It :+1:
From car to home and garden, I do everything myself, that I can do and has the tools (equipment) for. I love diy, you can incorporate many ideas for different sources and make something that works for you, your budget and your space.

6 Likes

DIY is great, but can end up being more expensive than buying a tent. I’ve done both and prefer a tent at this point because I know it’s going to do what I need it to and be clean as soon as I set it up.

1 Like

I go with build it. We have both. Rooms and tents. I love my rooms way more than tents.

3 Likes

Small room

2 Likes

I’m thinking of building a 5x10 or buying the 4x8 tent. Having that extra foot of width would make a big difference for me. I like to top and LST so they get wide. I enjoy building my own stuff no matter what it is. I’m a machinist and fabricator so there isn’t really much I cant do. I love when people come over and trip out on my projects and the reactions I get. That’s motivating to me. The cost isn’t an issue as long as I make it so I can easily break it down. I can source some materials at free or close to nothing. The biggest expense would be getting 2 more 600w HPS an ac and bigger inline fans, 20A outlets and a 30A breaker. I’m pulling 12.5A between veg and flower so 30A will give me enough or I could even split the room and go with 2 20A breakers. Just kinda thinking out loud lol

7 Likes

Build the room. Tents suck and are for stealth. If you can get away with a room. Its always the best choice.

5 Likes

I vote room too. Have a few tents in 3 diff sizes, but prefer room for ease, space and more customization options

Packee

2 Likes

Build. My 4x6

4 Likes

Running a large Avenger Adjustawing.
Jumped the gun .

2 Likes

I’m building a room. 8x6. Right now I just have Mylar up for walls and door. My hubby will build walls soon. Tents were made for hiding.

I am easily able to move stuff around and most importantly air gets circulated. I have 2 vents(in/out) plus I keep the door open most of the time. The whole bedroom gets vented at least once a day.
I can’t wait for building day!
I know I will have to put dividers in also. I will have 3 plants in flower soon and just sprouted 5 seeds.

3 Likes

I’m gonna think about it over the next week and make a decision. Maybe it would make a good thread or video on how to build a grow room inside a room.

3 Likes

That would be great. Growmaus was uploading some content about his upcoming room back in the summer.

1 Like

I’ll have to check that it. I was thinking of doing ply on the outside and Mylar on the inside. Maybe this video will persuade me otherwise. I’ll have to check it out this afternoon

1 Like

Gearing up for the expansion. I want to have everything ready for the build so then I’ll just have to go get 2x4 and Sheetrock or ply (whatever’s cheaper) just traded 1/4 oz for this galaxy 600w and garden extrem lighting fixture. Gotta love the barter system!

4 Likes

Building the expansion today. PVC is a little too flexible so my buddy has a bunch of mortar to fill the pipe with. Using 2 self tapping screws to secure each joint then I’ll secure it to the wall before sheeting it. Still need to turn .010" off in the lathe on a couple tees to make door henges. I didn’t want to disturb my dark period so I had to build around my tent lol. Decided to go ahead and make it a 10x5. The extra width is nice so they don’t get too crowed. I’ll build the frame and then take it apart for demonstration and maybe throw up a YouTube video. We’ll see how that goes

4 Likes

Are you putting your veg tent inside of the flower tent?

1 Like

No I have the veg in the closet. I’ll just take the tent down and save it for a rainy day or someone who needs one.

2 Likes

knocked out the door.

3 Likes

Looking Good @sleeperjunky
I like the idea with the door.