Butter time

A pressure cooker would be better, salt just won’t really raise the boiling point enough to be worth it.

4 Likes

They say enova’s are phenomenal for decarbing… same thing only gets to 100C… but Corinne Tobias from wake and bake swears by it so we will see… she says the secret is the vacuum seal…

4 Likes

3 hour slow roll now…

5 Likes

Contact high from making butter… check…lol…

5 Likes

So the whole garage smells like butter and black pepper and hash… can’t wait for a cookie when they are made… a nice peanut butter with sea salted caramel chip and pepper tasting butter… damn… I am excited…

5 Likes

Can you add salt to the water to get the boiling point higher?

3 Likes

It isn’t really worth it, you’d have to add a ton of salt to get it the few degrees higher.

3 Likes

Electric pressure cookers will get water up to 240-250 degrees.

5 Likes

Some come with different weights so u can control the temperature

3 Likes

I’m referencing electric pressure cookers. Edited my post to reflect that.

5 Likes

And the wife and I are test driving one of these each… wow very different… used 1oz of Lost coast Hash Plant… your feet are anchored to the ground but your brain is heading to space… lol…

So one batch of butter makes 100 cookies to our perfect high… and people will pay $4/ea off me…lol… double the cost…lol…

7 Likes

A very nice high as I stated…

4 Likes

Ppl don’t make great edibles around here and I never made enough chocolate this round either lol,mmmmm jealous …

4 Likes

I’m commenting to save this thread in my activity. I plan on making some of my own edibles and this appears to tell me how! Is there another way to save threads so I know for future reference? Thanks so much!

2 Likes

I don’t know of a way other than this… but I am not forum savvy…

How long do you boil the vacuumed bag to decarb this way? @Ladithief
My Momma Thai is so fruitey I would love to save that flavor. Not quite ready yet, but man it smells amazing! Fruitey pastry is what sounds yummy with this one!:yum:
Would love to try this way!:green_heart:

2 Likes

@Ladithief correct me if I’m incorrect but I set decarb temp to 203F for 90 mins.
@bobette yes vacume sealed and decarb will preserve all the aromatic, you will notice that the process is literally smell proof :wink:

1 Like

Holy cannoli!!!

1 Like

I paper bag at 225F for 24 minutes…I like the taste of the cookies and cheese cakes etc that I will sacrifice my terpenes…and not care…I have a sous vide and don’t mind using it… depends on what I want to make… the wife makes a mean hazel nut infused cheese cake that kept me high for 3 days…lol…

1 Like

It isn’t smell i am worried about. I was hoping to keep the flavor.
Any suggestions??