Can someone help me identify this so I can eradicate it?

First off, I am new to growing. I am 3 weeks from seed and everything seemed to be going decent. Had some fungus gnats. Put up the yellow cards. But then I noticed this happening to the leaves. I zoomed on my phone to 20x and 50x(max) to attempt to see and identify and treat them.

3 Likes

Most probably a mite of some kind, I’m pretty sure that orange spot is a mite. The white dots are eggs. get some neem oil, and and spray the plants top and bottom of EVERYTHING, leave it on overnight (spray right before the lights go out) then rinse off, then do it all over again two more times three days apart.

That is my take.

3 Likes

Ok. When you say rinse off, use a spray bottle to spray it down with water till it is dripping…more or less?

3 Likes

neem oil is a natural product of the neem plant. the oil is mixed with water (warm) neem oil freezes at 70 degrees yes you read that right. Any way they sell neem oil on Amazon it comes diluted and in pure pressed oil form, get cold pressed (it has more goodies in it) then follow the dilution directions on the bottle. Basically it smothers the mites so they can’t breath without using synthetic chemicals. Pyrethim is also a natural mite killer derived from the chrysanthemum flower They make pot specific mite killing solutions and also sell them on Amazon, you can check those out too if you don’t have very many or very big plants it might be easier just to buy one of the ready made in a spray bottle ones. But in almost every case you have to do it multiple times to kill the mites as the hatch out from the eggs.

The main thing is you don’t want to spray them with anything that will persist and you wind up smoking it down the road. And DON’T FORGET to completely spray the room you are growing in. It only takes ONE for it to start all over again.

HTh

5 Likes

Thanks bro. I appreciate your time in responding.

5 Likes