Cannabis industry lingo, words and phrases used aka what’s what

Alright everyone hope all is well with everyone.

So I’ve read a bit on here and sometimes people use phrases I don’t understand so what I’m asking is for a sort of cannabis industry dictionary and thesaurus.

A list of things and phrases used such as someone said they are doing a reversal they explained a bit but I still don’t get it.

Another said untiled soil ive no idea what this is, so what do amateur and pro growers say

6 Likes

Undisturbed soil

3 Likes

No-till = living soil. All organic

Probably the 1st question I’ve been able to answer for someone so getting in quick! Haha

6 Likes

The easiest way is to just ask. When someone posts something you don’t understand, then ask them what it is. There are no stupid questions here.

5 Likes

Tillage is the agricultural preparation of soil by mechanical agitation of various types, such as digging, stirring, and overturning. I believe reversal usually has to do with spraying a plant with a solution like c.s. or sts for the productions of seeds

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy:. Thanks I still haven’t answered one yet

2 Likes

Thanks @treetrunks

1 Like

There’s no such thing as a stupid question :joy::joy:.

I think Others would find this useful as we don’t know the correct vocabulary to understand others posts.

I think Learning the language of an industry you want to enter is important. There’s plenty more I’ve seen an not understood not just the two words I’ve cited.

4 Likes

I understand you, but where to start? How about you give us list of things you need defined.

1 Like

Nutes - nutrients or fertilizers
Top, topping, crop, supercrop, monster crop
Defole - defoliation - trimming leaves
Capt. Jacks, azamax - insecticides
FF, fox farm soil - happy frog hf and ffof fox farm ocean forest
Trichs - trichomes = the most beautiful thing in the world.
Flip or flipping - changing your light cycle - usually lowering the hours of light down to 12/12 to induce flowering

5 Likes

Ladies/Girls/Kids = Marijuana plants
Soil = a prepared mixture designed to include the needs of plants for a few weeks.
Dirt = Dead soil
MH = Metal Halide (a kind of lighting)
HPS = High Pressure Sodium (Another kind of light)
LED = Light Emitting Diode (the newest kind of lighting)
Tent = An empty container designed to keep light in and pests and other light out usually made of high density fabric.

3 Likes

the best advice I can give u is when u dont understand something just ask we all didnt understand these terms a few years back but now its like part of our language as it will be with u as u continue to grow

2 Likes

Thanks everyone what about dry amenities

1 Like

Sorry mate I misread your initial comment and thought you were saying I’ve asked a stupid question which I kind of agreed with but defended it haha

2 Likes

Dry Amendments : To amend soil means to improve it with additional materials. These soil amendments or soil conditioners improve the physical nature of soil. They reduce compaction, aerating the soil to allow water and nutrients to more easily move through it and reach plant roots. Some soil amendments also add nutrients to the soil, help retain moisture and help maintain the correct pH balance. We call this type Dry Amendments. Source Dry Amendments – Humboldt Ag Supply

2 Likes

Dry amendments, most of them need to be cooked or composted into the soil. :older_man::goat::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thanks everyone

1 Like

I didn’t know Jack Daniel’s was an amendment!

5 Likes

It’s a secret ingredient! Lol. :older_man::goat:

6 Likes