CBD or THC - which is better for pain?

Hi there! I am considering what is better to take for relieving the pain: CBD or THC or mix them…
I stumbled upon a post which said: “While both are medicinal and have various health-related benefits, it’s really only THC distillate that has considerable recreational value. While it’s true that CBD can have pleasant, calming effects, it’s really only THC that triggers the euphoria that so many cannabis enthusiasts love.” Source: THC Distillate

So CBD is more like a remedy to get relaxed from the anxious? correct me if I’m wrong, 'cause I’m a freshman to cannabis growing and taking. Thanks

3 Likes

Yes, usually CBD is the one for helping with pain (amongst many other things).
If you google it, you will find plenty of articles on the subject… like this one :

Sorry if it took so long to give you an answer, I thought the real growers would have answered by now…

3 Likes

I find a mix works well, but if you don’t want the psychoactive affects stick with a high %CBD.

2 Likes

Yes the thc and cbd together causes the entourage effect and compliment each other.

4 Likes

Totally agree!
But the effects of THC might help by rebound. A good Indica with a decent “couchlock” effect will help me sleep better which helps. It’s easier to tolerate the pain when you can sleep a little… And a good Sativa helps me keeping busy during the day and kind of “forget” about the pain… It’s a delicate balance.
The more I learn about cannabis, the more I find it amazing! :nerd_face: :star_struck:

Edit : @PreyBird1 got it! The entourage effect…

4 Likes

Amazing plant. Amazing capabilities im starting to flush my plant stocks out now. I had to wait because my dumbass cloned the shit oit of the mothers and did not label which clone came from what mother. What a pia to figure that out again. I had to relabel all of the clones i retook and then flower them out again to figure out what was what. I wont make that mistake again. But now i have what i need and my stocks are complete.

4 Likes

An old post but worthy topic. Like @PreyBird1 says, they both create the “entourage effect” when working together. Everyone is unique and sometimes people find their own way to use cannabis for pain relief. I have learnt through one of my closest friends, its only edibles with lots of THC that really helps him get the rest at night he needs. After several years of trying literally everything it boils down to:

1 - High THC joint for immediate short term relief.
2 - Coconut /THC cannabis infusion is long term pain relief for 6 hours.

Sadly CBD products did nothing for him. we tried everything. He is an ex cigarette smoker, but only smokes weed for pain relief.

3 Likes

I think you can try to mix them, but first, you must consult a doctor. Even though I am sure that CBD has no side effects, I don’t think that it is a good idea to take it without consulting a doctor. To be honest, I was against marijuana products, but a few months ago, I started feeling unbearable back pain. I couldn’t even walk, but thankfully, one of my friends, who is also a doctor recommended taking CBD and THC edibles. I took both, and in about three days, I had no pain at all. Also, my friend recommended this online store https://www.justcannabis.shop/product-category/buy-edibles-online/, as he said that this is the only marijuana provider he trusts in.

2 Likes

both.

We as humans have this sometimes stupid need to rip everything apart and separate things. The compounds in the the cannabis flower work best when used all together, as the universe intended.

1 Like

For dealing with stress, I only take CBD oil, because after using this I feel stress-free. I use organic CBD oil, personally, I am not addicted to it, but I use it for better sleep, after taking few drops I feel relax, I must say CBD oil is best for anxiety release, I always buy my CBD oil from Reecoupons by using eCig-City Coupons, because here any type and flavor of original CBD oil are available, it’s hard to find original one but luckily I found this store. I must say it’s the best ever site to buy CBD.