Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

They look a little dry. I can see you are training the roots but maybe for now until they get a little bigger water till soil is moist all around. But I’m sure someone way smarter than me has a different opinion to mine.

2 Likes

Well, until someone says different I’m gonna do what you say.:blush: You know more than I do, and that’s good enough for me. Thanks and good luck with those babies of yours! (I’m watching you) :eyes::wink::joy: Peace, love and happy growin!:hugs:

2 Likes

@tammydc Thought I sent this to you. :point_up: I guess I still don’t know what I’m doing! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

@chavez78
This is my new baby, White Widow, I started yesterday. I covered it with a baggie after poking holes in it with a fork.

It helps keep them damp like a terrarium :wink: Autos will flower when their ready. I keep my lights about 12" as long as the leaf looks good. If they start looking stressed you can back the light away a bit at a time. I like autos because of the simplicity of growing them & their faster then regular plants. You can get a good yield but not like regular grow.
If your concerned about watering you can get a meter that measures water & ph level for about $10. Have fun & enjoy​:blush::blush::blush:

4 Likes

Congrats @maryjane13 :clap:
She is beautiful! An angel! :innocent: Thanks for checking out my journal. I’m gonna try that. I chose autos for their simplicity. Thats me being lazy! :joy::joy::joy: . Much appreciated​:hugs:

2 Likes

Here are updated pics of my cherry diesel & full moon fever bag seeds. Just fed them some compost tea.:tea: Praying I have the same luck with my autos! :pray:

7 Likes

Pots got too wet.:sweat_drops: powdery mildew!:scream:

How do I get rid of this? Neem oil? Peroxide?

2 Likes

it looks just like salt residue. do u have a pic of the plants??

4 Likes

@pptrsha1
I don’t think it’s salt. I use pure spring water💦 The seedlings don’t have it on them. Just the bottom of pots growing up (where it’s still damp). I was thinking of wiping it off , spraying it with neem oil & adding another fan. Or is peroxide better? 🤷

2 Likes

Or could it be salt from the soil? I never thought of that. Is that a thing?

3 Likes

yep! i get it too

3 Likes

peroxide is what i clean all my grow stuff with and even spray the room with it

3 Likes

the salt in the soil comes from several sources, including irrigation water and fertilizers . Neutralizing the salt is essential if you don’t want your choices limited to salt-tolerant plants. Soil that has too much salt in it keeps many plants from growing properly. i copied this

3 Likes

Thanks! I’m using super soil, so all the minerals and good stuff are at the bottom 1/3 of pot. And that’s where the white is. Thanks again, I almost started to freak out! :dizzy_face: :joy: :hugs:

4 Likes

if you WPM on your plants its a diff party. those white marks on the pots only are just salt

2 Likes

Peroxide diluted? What ratio?

2 Likes

i use it straight in a spray bottle

2 Likes

Wow! I didn’t think that would be safe. Good to know! :grin: Thanks a ton! :hugs:

2 Likes

i even use it to clean my carpets. it works awesome and i always thought of it like bleach and was afraid to use it

4 Likes

Hey, you might talk to @CoyoteCody about lights too. He’s got some Amazon budget boards that are doing great. I think they’re $150 a piece. 1 would almost be enough for your space. 2 would be more than plenty and fit better than 4 of the 150s I showed you. (On top of being about $100 cheaper)

4 Likes