Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

When I asked the company, their answer was vague…18"-30"!

1 Like

Sonlipo spe2000

1 Like

Actual power consumption is 210-220w. Fans probably take 10-20, so you’re looking at about 200w actual consumption for the LEDs How big an area are you lighting?

4 Likes

Damn! You got this, huh.
Its a 3x4 2 in 1. I’m using it like this…

I have it open as 1 tent.

3 Likes

Sorry @mudman I thought I sent this to you. :point_up_2:. Still figuring this out. Old people, right?

3 Likes

i would start with 30. if they start stretching lower it until you find what works.

5 Likes

Sorry I saw the dimensions after I asked. You’re probably going to want it as low as you can get it during flower and still cover everyone. For now I would get them as close together as possible and set it about 24"-30" above the babies.

5 Likes

Thanks @mudman & @pptrsha1 !!!
You Rock!!! :sunglasses:

2 Likes

No problem. You’ll want more light if you really want to fill that tent out. There are lots of options out there that are fairly budget friendly. I use a $120 GroPlanner 150w that’s modular, so I can add more and daisy chain them all together. I plan to keep adding until I’m up to 600w. Being able to make 150w upgrades that snap together like a single unit, for a cheap price, as I go is a nice bonus. And the Migro tester guy gave it a good review.

5 Likes

Got a pic? That sounds decent!

2 Likes

This one. I’m super happy with it for the price.

1 Like

I was thinking about adding a 1000w or 1500w when I rake up some extra cash. Maybe by the time they flower. (doubtful). But wishful thinking.

2 Likes

The GroPlanner is a higher quality light than that brand. You’ll get more for your money. They also have a 100w that’s modular.

Here’s 4 of the 150s linked.

2 Likes

I’m definitely checking that out for next light!
How many do you think I’d need?

300w total (2 lights) would be a good start and you could add more from there. Or you could do 4 of the 100w lights and be set for that tent.

Four 100s would be a better fit really, but two 150s would be cheaper. Two 150s is just a little under the total wattage I would shoot for in that space. Three would be good wattage, but kind of an odd arrangement. Four 150s in that space would probably be overkill.

2 Likes

Thanks again @mudman
Your a huge help! Peace.:v:

2 Likes

I was told to run them both all the time your light is on.

3 Likes

I heard that too. I guess that’s how it is in nature. Maybe I’ll try it. Thanks! :blush:

2 Likes

7/8 - Another white whale breaches the surface!
3 down, 2 to go!

3 Likes

7/9 - Critical purple auto I planted on 7/6 comes up.

What’s wrong with this little girl?

She only has one leaf.:disappointed_relieved:
Is that gonna be a problem? Will she be ok?:grimacing:

1 Like