Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

Took a trip to see how my big girls are doing.

Grandpa’s Cookies

This is the frostiest bud I’ve ever grown. She’s supposed to have THC levels above 30%.

Big D Energy

Big D definitely lives up to it’s name. She’s Big, even after topping it she is still twice the size of my Grandpa’s Cookies.

Can’t wait till next month, Harvest time!

Hopefully this will last me most of the winter.

:v:. :green_heart:. & Happy Growing

15 Likes

Hey, just wanted to give you a big Congrats on your sucessful grow…now if the weather will just be kind to you till harvest!

10 Likes

Thanks Bob. A week of sunny weather ahead, finally!

It’s been raining for 2 weeks. Now a chance for everything to dry out!

7 Likes

It’s been raining here for 3 days. LoL I’m trashing the one gangly eye sore of a tree outside. It is so :pensive: looking. I was just cutting off branches of rot last night. When I got done I laughed. LoL

10 Likes

Big D Energy

Grandpa’s Cookies

These two were planted in Earth Dust. They’re 17 weeks old and I never fed them anything. Too easy! I love the earth dust so far!

A couple more weeks to go.

Have a great weekend!

15 Likes

:musical_note: ice… ice… Buddha :musical_note:
Grandpas… Frosty and delicious
Ice is back with a brand new invention
Flavor and terps hit you like a shotgun… BOOM
Light up the bong and smoke it with a candle.
I rock the mic like a vandal
Anything less than the best is a felony…

Miami’s on the scene in case ya didn’t know!!! :musical_note:

10 Likes

10 Likes

I rented the entire drive-in for me and the wife’s 17 year anniversary.

All the privacy we needed… and still parked in the back row anyway.

Have a wonderful weekend!

12 Likes

Okay but what you watch? Or did you not do much watching… BAA chikka baa BOOM!! LoL
Happy 17th - that’s a pretty good start! My 15th is next month but January is 23 yrs together! Oomph how she could stay with me that long I do not know! I can’t stand me most times. I just made a comment the other day how most of my sons’ friends are divorced. It’s definitely a gold star achievement in these times man… congratulations man. Your quite the romantic it seems. I might need some ideas or help from you. LoL

10 Likes

Turning purple from the cold!

Grandpa’s Cookies will be done before Big D.

Temps really getting cold. Colder next week.

Will a frost hurt them?

17 Likes

Depends on how hard the frost will be…if you’re talking about 30-32F you’re going to be just fine…
I’m not saying that it will kill your plant…your plant will survive and come back from even a fairly hard frost. What you have to be concerned with in flower (with buds on your plants) is that a frost below 30F will cause some micro abrasions (cracks) in the cuticle and epidermal cells of your bud tissue…this can often be a pathway for pathogens to enter…Botrytis (bud rot) is what I’d be concerned with…

Probably help immensly if you can cover your plants with a tarp in the afternoon before the event…
this will help retain heat…if not possible the least you can do is make sure the soil around your plants is very wet. Believe it or not, when water freezes it releases heat. We always run irrigation water in our orchards while their in bloom/small nutlet stage during frost events…

Good luck !

12 Likes

You forgot - but don’t worry you’ll be okay Doc. LoL
Where the Ef is it freezing already in the US. You live in Billings ND dude? Are you a Minesotan bro. Chavez is living in the Rocky’s @ 15,000 ft for peaks sake! ← slick right! Peaks!!

11 Likes

Appalachian mountains in pa. I live high on a mountain so it gets a little colder.

When I drive to the city (30 miles away) it’s all downhill and a lot warmer there.

People in the city always ask me how the weather is up on the mountain because it’s so different here.

A half hour drive up the mountain is like a different world to them.

The winters suck so hard here. But I love living out in isolation. People tend to get on my nerves really quick. I like the peace and quiet.

13 Likes

Can’t argue with that logic. Last time we went to Pisgah National forest I definitely experienced altitude sickness man…I wasn’t even over like 5k feet and I got a headache, nauseous and felt like crap for about 4 hours before bed, woke up and was good. You may call BS on that or think I’m nutz but I know I wasn’t right man, that’s all it could of been. between you and Gary I’m super jelly man. What I’d give to be off the grid man.

13 Likes

Cold enough in my greenhouse to make a beautiful shade of purple.

I decided to check the trichomes on my greenhouse plants.

They’re 8 weeks into flower so they should have another week or so to go.

I think this Grandpa’s Cookies is just about there.

18 Likes

30s @ night again.

15 Likes

really nice color purple you have going there. Almost ready.

11 Likes

Just throwing this out for anyone new reading this or who might not know. I’m sure your aware Chaksky… but you do get your best trich readings from the calyxes or from where the stigmas are popping out from… the sugar leaves will amber up WAY before the goods giving you a false sense of chop! :joy:
I didn’t even remember you topping anything Cha Cha but it’s pretty dang obvious huh. I was watching the weather channel following the storm and ppl in NC are in winter jackets it looked dude. I know you were talking about frost the other day. Down here I have no sense what so ever of winter coming. LoL the storm has brought in dry air and we are like 50% humidity. It is 90° but gorgeous man.

15 Likes

Sounds like the calm after the storm for ya. I could never live in Florida, too humid.

I have my winter coat out for use.

I had to turn on the furnace today, cant take the cold anymore. Chills me to the bone. Its not too bad though when the sun is shining.

Im getting the hurricane effects now. Its gonna rain awhile now i suppose.

I know about scoping the trichomes in the correct place. I was just having a hard time being outside in the wind.

Im gonna have to cut off a bud and try it inside.

I’ll probably harvest the grandpa’s next week and give the big d energy another week or two more, depending on the weather.

I see you got some jars filled up! Congrats! Can you grow outside all year round in Florida? I have a very short growing season here.

12 Likes

What it is Mr. Cha Cha… I’m not exactly sure which parts your in but it is a drencher what’s left of this thing. Ian will for sure go down in history, we are at 23 deaths so far. Those #'s will surely grow as debris is removed. Gut wrenching these terrible storms are. You just can’t live on an island or the coastline down here it just doesn’t make sense. I’m honestly waiting for Trump to put out the call for the proud boys & backwoods militia so he can say how much he helped and take credit for all the clean up. LoL “if I was president this storm would’ve have happened”
I hate growing outside down here like you said the humidity is 100% 24/7 - no breaks. Funny you bring it up tho because I’m gonna toss some autos outside here this month juts because I can. See what comes of it but I will be drenching them with pesticide & fungicide on the daily, okay weekly. It is the only way it can work … I mean MIGHT work. We shall see.

12 Likes