Chavez's Organic Grow Journal

5 Likes

Just pulled this with 2 of those. Still have 1 to chop that was in the tent, and I’m at 17.5 oz now and still have some to trim.

11 Likes

Looks super friggin dense! And 2+ units out of a 4x4?

4 Likes

Ya 2 of those sets, one with uv and ir, and one without. Its around 480w in a 4x4.

6 Likes

Not sure what’s going on with this one.:thinking:

She is starting to come along. 14 days old.

My critical purple is my best one. 12 days old.

10 Likes

Damn! I almost bought that light! The only reason I didn’t was because the price. I thought it wouldn’t be any good cause it was cheaper. Kicking myself now!

3 Likes

I love mine have not had an issue, and the price can’t be beaten.

5 Likes

3 weeks in and moby dick A+C are taking their time. The critical purple seems to be growing on time, I think. I need my moby dicks to start growing, as I only have 2 left. Time will tell, but time is of the essence with autos.

5 Likes

To train or not to train? Since this is my first time growing autos, I didn’t plan on training. I keep reading you get about the same harvest if you train or not. Is that true? My plants are off to a slow start, so I’m worried they won’t rebound fast enough. Will they be fine without training them?

3 Likes

Depends partly on the strain and type of training. Autos that flower quickly seem to do best with no training or low stress training. You have more flexibility for more extreme training with strains that veg longer.

To confuse matters even more, some auto strains stress flower, so they’ll immediately start flowering if the training is too severe. On the flip side, some seem to veg longer when stressed.

The general consensus seems to be that LST is the best bet, unless you know that the strain responds well to HST.

Clear as mud, right? lol

5 Likes

i wouldnt. if its your first grow of them and you are not sure let those babies roll. then you know what to expect next round.

5 Likes

Yes @mudman , clear as mud! :joy::joy::joy:.
Good info though. Thanks buddy!

2 Likes

I concur. I think I’ll let them go since it’s my first time growing them. Better safe than sorry! Thanks again!

5 Likes

Updated pics of my full moon fevers and a cherry diesel. Using nothing but purple cow soil and some compost tea here and there. That’s it!
I prefer to keep things simple.:sunglasses:

13 Likes

Here are my autos! 2 Moby dick & 1 critical purple. 21-24 days old.

Mobys in the back, critical purple up front. Light is 30" but mobys are not stretching yet. Any thoughts on how their looking? Be honest, I can take it.:sunglasses:

12 Likes

They’re looking great! :metal:

4 Likes

I second that. Healthy.

3 Likes

I just got back from the dispensary & the pricks tried to rip me off $50! :rage:. It took an hour of trying to explain basic math to some kid working there before finally leaving with the correct change. :angry:.
Anyway half oz. for $180 is about as cheap as it gets here.:money_mouth_face:. I gotta go take care of my plants before I get too high!:joy::joy::joy:.
Thanks @mudman & @boozer for your kindness! Stay medicated & well! :grin::yum::grinning:

7 Likes

I wasn’t going to lst since it’s my first auto grow. Then I only ended up with 3 plants instead of my plan of doing 5. So now I need to get more yield per plant…thus my reason for doing some lst.

Moby dick (A) - 29 days

Moby dick (B) - 27 days

Critical purple - 26 days

As you can see, Moby dick (B) isn’t tall enough yet to tie down. My light is 27"-29" @ full power and I switched it from veg. to veg/bloom today. We’ll see how they adjust.

I’m thinking of feeding some compost tea soon. I’ve give them nothing so far.
So how are they doing?

6 Likes

They look great!

2 Likes