Cloning into soil

I’m about to monster crop my ladies and wondered if anyone had any advise before diving in? I do have an extra air pump and everything to build a clone machine in hydro but don’t have any experience in hydro and rather have better chances with the soil straight into a solo cup

It’s not tough, but it is more delicate than using an aero cloner. Keep the soil warm. Make sure it has lots of drainage, as much as 1:1 soil to perlite or whatever you prefer to add drainage. Use a rooting hormone with IBA and ideally some B-vitamins, or add the B-vitamins to your water. You can also add mycorrhiza and other beneficials to your starting mix. Have you got a humidity dome big enough to fit a clone in a cup under?

1 Like

I’m gonna cut the cup in half and use a few old candy buckets for my dome. I have royal gold soil and canna coco I’ll mix up. I have clonex for my rooting and will add some superthrive and water within the next week. Where at on the vpd chart would I want the dome atmosphere to be?

1 Like

Just reading on the clonex there is no nutritional value. Should I add the superthrive on the first water?

2 Likes

You want the humidity at 100% until they root. Otherwise the leaves will wilt before they take root. Once you see a few roots, start to harden them off to 60% RH, or whatever you veg at, over a few days to a week. So for VPD I move from 0.0 up to 0.8 over two weeks or so.
Super thrive in the first water is fine. If using coco make sure it’s washed in pH adjusted water and charged.

2 Likes