Cloning, TC, Breeding and Otherwise Preserving your Favorite and best Landrace, Heirloom, Specialty Strains, and Genetics

What procedures, prevention, quality control, or special techniques do you employ to ensure the successful propagation in your garden or nursery?

Cuttings/Cloning, Tissue Culture, Standard Breeding/Pollination, or Feminised Seeding techniques, which are your favorite and why?

Happy propagating,

MacG

6 Likes

For clones I used a aeroponics cloner that I made. Just use regular tap water , dip in stem room liquid and boom roots in 4 to 7 day. Also I love this way as when I decide if it’s going outside or into a hydroponic system I have no mixed media. I don’t like having a chuck of rock wool in the middle of a soil pot or in my hydro. system. Breading is a whole other world but small batch defeated to keep pollen harvest and seed production 100% no chance or mix . To end I love landrace strains the only one I am missing is a true lamb bread and a true Afghan strain.

4 Likes

Since I’m lazy I don’t do any of that…I just take extras and take the best of those

5 Likes

Just referring to clones there …sorry

3 Likes

LOL. Then I guess that is your procedure to ensure you have some healthy clones for the next grow.

I usually take a couple extra as well, just in case.

4 Likes

I mean I got procedure…lol

Just not much to it

2 Likes

Cool, lol.

You got your lazy procedures, ha ha.

3 Likes

Cut @ 45° ish

Dip in clonex which I’ve transferred from bottle to spoon

Put in Rockwool

Put in propagation tray

2 Likes

Heres a tip:

Sometimes, when I’m not feeling so lazy, I’ll even scar some of the skin tissue from the stem in addition to cutting at the 45° angle exposing more area to potentially root quicker :wink:

3 Likes

I did that also when I took my clones. I took a razor blade and lightly scrapped the sides of the stems. I believe it helps. It was my first time cloning so I don’t have anything else to compare it to.

4 Likes

Seems to be about what I have done, only I use rapid rooters pre soaked in cloning solution. Give a little squeeze to remove excess solution. I also cut and immediately place into cup water while taking them.

4 Likes

Lol that is EXACTLY how I did mine :grin:

3 Likes

Funny how that happens :wink:

3 Likes

Picture of a cutting taken 12 days ago in my cloner

5 Likes

Nice roots :wink:

4 Likes