Coco Base A and B alternative

Hi

I currently ran out of advanced nutrients coco A and B bloom and don’t have the funds for purchasing more at this time is there a alternative?

I was thinking maybe throwing Happy Frog Soil on top of the coco.

2 Likes

Canna nutrients offers a coco version for nutrients.

1 Like

Are you just meaning cheap alternatives or something else. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a coco formula to work. I think you’d just need to add a calmag supplement to compensate for using coco. I’m not sure there’s much difference in the coco nutes other than that. @mattybear uses coco some right? What do you think?

PS welcome to GN I’m new to here as well.

2 Likes

Something else, I’m not the organic type of guy but maybe something organic. I just don’t want to keep buying when I can just do organically for pretty much free.

1 Like

Adding soil on top won’t cut it, I’m afraid. You really do need to continue a nutrient regimen in coco. The most economical nutrient line would be General Hydroponics Flora series. Micro and Bloom with some cal mag is all you need.

4 Likes

Organic isn’t free by any means. You can certainly start your own compost, but that takes a lot of time and usually amended anyways. I would suggest looking into some of dry powdered formulas. Lots of people are successful with them and super cheap compared to buying bottles.

3 Likes

Excellent, I’m just going to have to buy some bottles and just complete this grow. I appreciate the feedback.

5 Likes

Wait, do I really need to water coco everyday? Right now, I water maybe every 3 days.

2 Likes

images%20(13)

Welcome to Growers Network @ddavis408 :grin:

3 Likes

Welcome ! Just a suggestion because inexpensive but how about working some EWC into the soil on top and water. Many benifits from that nutrient. and maybe some unsulfered molasses all pretty cheap nutrients. Might hold you over for a couple weeks until you get funds to buy more AN.

3 Likes

Yes every day

1 Like

Hold on, now. I don’t water daily. I’m using Promix HP right now and I’m on every 3rd day. You certainly CAN water/feed daily but it’s not necessary until late flower when it simply dries out too quickly. @not2sureyet waters daily IIRC in coco.

7 Likes

Don’t scimp on the nutrients remember ,
You are what you eat :+1::v:

4 Likes

coco is a medium you should not allow to “dry out”, especially during the bloom stage. It should not be treated like soil. Maybe in early stages when establishing root growth you can allow some dry periods but for the most part, coco should remain moist. Depending on plant requirements, once a day is fine but larger, hungrier plants will require more, sometimes 2-3 a day. If not, you increase your chances of salt buildup and lockout. Really is dependent on plant needs and maximizing coco as a medium together for best results. When I treated coco like a soil grow, I got soil yields.

4 Likes

And to answer/give my opinion on your original question, I’ve had good experiences with GH’s Coco A-B or you could also opt for original Bloom and Micro line. Save a few bucks vs AN and end product is top notch.

1 Like

Thank you everyone. I definitely going to try GH. I have always bought AN but they are getting way to expensive.

4 Likes

The GH maxi series are inexpensive dry nutrients that pretty much follow the Lucas formula. You’ll want to supplement calmag with that line and you’ll want a bottle of liquid Koolbloom for a PK booster in flower :v::bear:

5 Likes

You sure you don’t want to go one step further and try Jack’s 3-2-1? :smiley:

7 Likes