Codys cultivation corner

Dang, I would say the odd are against me, but ill keep faith lol.

4 Likes

I know @Mark0427 had some males in his too.

3 Likes

@happilyretired @Mark0427 @Jimhigh66 @automatik my new thread.

5 Likes

Hey make sure you tag me on the other side too if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

I will rn!

1 Like

Sebring maui waui. Yes i hate them now. Dropped 2 supposed fems and both i dropped were males. Beautiful thick full bushes nice thick stalls wife was loving it like yeah i got the best ones growing then flower time disappointment lol

2 Likes

Wasnt good having 2 males caused me to drop 6 more seeds lmao. Bout to transplant the last w and do some titties and fill the room tent.

2 Likes

Hey fellas any ad vice on this light I’m using with the hyper tough 3200 lumens shop lights???

and the next feeding I planned on mixing some molasses in the water idk just think they need some more nutrients only second grow…

4 Likes

Lookin good Cody , you dang sure going to have variety this run ! :+1:

3 Likes

Just curious whats up with the moisture and white spots on your leaves in 3rd picture?

2 Likes

Ohh sry brother it was me just giving them a little cool spray at that time I usually do that but not always…@felejr

2 Likes

Looks decent for a couple in veg, but I would say you are going to need a lot more light in flower, I get mine off of Amazon for around $150 and its 240 watts.

3 Likes

Thanks!! Ya the last run was all the same, so this run is going for the opposite effect lol

3 Likes

Would be okay for starting seedlings, but 1.04 umol/j is not nearly enough once they get bigger and definitely not enough to flower them well.

20w per sq/ft of grow space is pretty much the bare minimum even at higher efficiency from what I can tell. 25-30w per sq/ft at 2+ umols is closer to what you want to shoot for.

3 Likes

@mudman
On my first grow I started it from flower cause it was anniversary gift lolol so I bought 11-23watt cfls equivalent to 100 watts each and I got nice golf ball buds cause I pinched the tips lightly but I was thinking about going to cfl now!!!

1 Like

The wattage equivalency rating on CFLs is a little generous. They have a very low efficiency rating compared to quantum board style LEDs. I know CFLs seen like a cheap way to light a grow, but when you compare all the factors a decent budget LED grow light will be more efficient, more powerful, and actually cheaper in the long run because you won’t have to replace bulbs all the time.

The boards Cody uses are a great value. I have a Mars Hydro TS600 (100W) that sells for $80 and a GroPlanner 150W that sells for $120 on Amazon. Both are good values for the cost and will treat your plants better than a bunch of CFLs.

The GroPlanner boards are actually modular so you can add more panels and daisy chain them. They make 100W boards that are the same style for $110, but for $10 more you might as well get the 150W.

The 600W is just four 150Ws linked.

3 Likes

Ones I use.

3 Likes

I have to get a cane guys

2 Likes

Damn… might as well at least get a cool one. Maybe one of those fancy looking ones that just has a ball on top, but make the ball glass with a pot leaf in it. And it has to be a sword cane. :smiley:

3 Likes

I found a nice one, but its $800 lmao.

3 Likes